bonehead question

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

morejeffs

bonehead question

Post by morejeffs »

I know this is a newbie like question but how can I see the directions my opponents LCUs are moving in?
thanks.
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
RogerJNeilson

RE: bonehead question

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Yes, look at the edge of the unit and there will be an arrow (small) indicating the direction if it is moving. Complicated if there is a stack and they are not always moving in the same direction.

Example below.

Roger

Attachments
direction.jpg
direction.jpg (3.56 KiB) Viewed 233 times
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Seeing direction arrows also depends on if you have a detection level high enough to see the movement. It's not automatic.

In other words, reconning the enemy units (with air units) might be a good idea.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Indeed, unless your troops have telepathic powers...

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

Thank you!
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

I am back!

Managed to salvage my password so Ursa is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Whaddaya say Jeff for a short Coral Sea scen?
Art by the amazing Dixie
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

I would be interested once my present campaign game settles down..
Playing RA (as the allies) and this guy is good......Very aggressive and there really is little I can do stop him him (Feb 42)...
With the IJN getting the landing bonus, no place can be defended...You can put up forts, CD guns, etc, but all the IJN needs to do
is 1 bombard with 2 BBs, land 2 divisions (in the face of CD guns that would normally chew them up for lunch, but because of warp speed
unloading you might nail 1 or 2 transports) and your base is toast....Frustrating as hell.
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

And welcome back!
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

IIRC the landing bonus lasts only till may 1942 or so.

I know someone who is urging someone [;)] to make a GC May 1942 for AE. NOW that would be fun! Dec 1941 - May 1942 is VERY frustraing for the allies. As is from mid 1943 for the japanese players.
Art by the amazing Dixie
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

IIRC the landing bonus lasts only till may 1942 or so.

I know someone who is urging someone [;)] to make a GC May 1942 for AE. NOW that would be fun! Dec 1941 - May 1942 is VERY frustraing for the allies. As is from mid 1943 for the japanese players.

The landing bonus ends on april 1st 1942
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

7 more weeks of intense torment...wonderful
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

KB and his BBs cannot be everywhere. Try to protect places where you can gather sufficient strength. Use the vast spaces in SRA. just my two cents.
Art by the amazing Dixie

Return to “The War Room”