Two screenshots from BAB...

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Gil R.

Two screenshots from BAB...

Post by Gil R. »

Well, we can't show you the maps yet, since those are still being put together. And we can't really show you much of anything else, because that goes over the map. However, there's something else we can now show you: two screenshots, one taken on my old laptop playing at fixed resolution, and another taken by one of the testers using... wait for it... THE NEW WIDESCREEN RESOLUTION THAT ERIC RECENTLY ADDED.

I know some of you were hoping for more screenshots with a bit more content, but these two blacked-out rectangles will nonetheless be quite welcome to a good number of you.

First, here's the screenshot from my computer. As you can tell from the report, I was in the midst of a thrilling battle.

Attachments
2_NotWides..reenshot.jpg
2_NotWides..reenshot.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

RE: First screenshots from BAB...

Post by Gil R. »

And here's the widescreen:

Attachments
1_Widescre..hotcopy.jpg
1_Widescre..hotcopy.jpg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 403 times
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

By the way, regarding the thread's name... ain't I a stinker? [:D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

Night time battle then???
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Naw, blindness caused by battle fatigue. Just like in that "Band of Brothers" episode.
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.
And here's the widescreen:
[:)]
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
comte

Post by comte »

Simply breathtaking [;)]
Josh

Post by Josh »

Uhm... impressive [:'(]
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

By the way, regarding the thread's name... ain't I a stinker? [:D]

DAM YOU!!!!!

You really had my hopes up there.

Ah well, back to waiting....
Where I Go, Chaos Follows
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Is that Battletoads?
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Someone needs to hang Gil up by his Buster Browns until he is remorseful for being such a tease. But yeah, widescreen.

Now for some much needed criticism, You do plan on working to revamp the battle windows I hope?

See, no good deed goes unpunished.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Define "battle windows."
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Err...I meant battle report window. Sorry.

Actually, just trying to continue the discussion and pry for more revealing screens.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

We have to focus our graphics efforts elsewhere, so we'll probably retain that particular graphic for the turn-by-turn combat reports.

No screenshots can be shown just yet. I've been planning for a new "reveal" by describing our c&c system, but have been too busy to write it up. Give me a few more days...
siRkid

Post by siRkid »

Man you sucked me right in.[:@]
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

That night-time shot was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Stunning...  [&o][&o][&o]

It looks so real, just like when I'm turning out the lights when I go to bed.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Is this game dead?
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Is this game dead?

yes
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

Who cares. The Scourge of War compendium edition has beaten them to the draw for my money.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Absolutely not dead (even if my absence from this forum might suggest it). In fact, I just posted the other day a "balloon's going up" sort of post for the testers, to let them know that after other projects -- especially "Conflict of Heroes" -- have gotten in the way it will now be our primary focus, and there will be the first new build to test in eons. And, more importantly, the map art is finally beginning to materialize, with Wilson's Creek the first map to be done (after Pixelpusher makes a few minor corrections), so it won't be too long before I can show you what the maps will look like.

And I have no doubt that the BAB series will feature things that SoW does not have, so my guess is that a good number of you will want both.

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”