[Mass Effect 4 mod] - Development stalled, released 80% finished mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Tyrador

RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013)

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: dostillevi

I've taken a few of the races you made and turned them into "spoilers" to make game play interesting. I pulled these races from your mod and added them to my own personal mod with 49 races...

The Zha'til are a capable but enigmatic machine race that inhabits ice worlds. They are ruthless and able to carry on war without penalty, but they have little reason to engage in war and won't usually be the aggressor in a conflict.

The Vandomar are an amphibious powerhouse, focusing on income and wealth. They tend to be friendly with other races. The close resemblance to the Asari suggests some shared heritage, but unfortunately many Vandomar do not see this in a positive light and so they are not fond of the Asari. The Asari have no such negative feelings towards the Vandomar.

The Ditakur give the Ursidians a purpose, as they are capable and also a bit xenophobic. Ursidians now have very strong affinity for each other and a slightly smaller affinity for the rodent races, for whom they should act as protectors.

The Rachni are an insect spoiler in that they dislike the more conniving insect races and are neutral towards or only slightly like the others. I've made them more intelligent than you had them, and the less xenophobic and more intelligent races will see that the rachni are more misunderstood than bad.

Lastly, the Endorumi are highly militaristic and xenophobic amphibian race. They like and are well liked by other amphibious races, and they respect power among other races. They detest humans and have low regard for other humanoids due to what they perceive as a meddling attitude.. Amphibians shouldn't have to stand next to humanoids as the chief galactic powers.

As you can probably imagine, I don't know much about what these races are supposed to be like in the ME universe!

Hey, what about Protheans?
BTW: Info on these races is here - http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Background_Races
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Here's a really small thing, maybe add a more themed scifi money message to go with your other really cool message graphics?
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
dostillevi

Post by dostillevi »

I ran out of room! I gave the Prothean shipset to the Ditakur I think since I already had their shipset in use. I'm going to experiment with >50 races once I have my game fully modded and stable with 49. I think I read somewhere that you can have more than 50 shipsets, but only 50 race images. I've got a month to figure it out before the EVE Mod gets released [X(]. Anyway, right now I'm doing the designtemplates for 9 or so races and its taking forever. I ran a 30 year automated game as the Vandomar though and they really will follow the research priorities.. to the point where they were flying around with highly advanced torpedoes around the same time they were getting hyperdrive and colonization tech.
ChillGuru

Post by ChillGuru »

Hi! Is this mod compatible with Distant Worlds Universe? I used to play this on Shadows a few months ago. Really awesome mod!
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

Hello everyone, I've decided to return back to update my mod to the Universe version of DW. However, I think that since ancient Mass Effect era is not that popular, I'll do just Mass Effect present era mod. Moreover there is one already done by Kalthaniell with whom I've shared resources and cooperated across his and mine mods. Kind thanks to Demonius and others who made MASS EFFECT mod compatible with DW Universe.

So would it be a good idea for me to merge Prothean Cycle and MASS EFFECT mods? Thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome. [;)]
McMike

Post by McMike »

Good that you're back.
Balkor Wolf

Post by Balkor Wolf »

Which mass effect mod is compatible with Universe? I've had a look around but can't find it.
gerishnakov

Post by gerishnakov »

ORIGINAL: Tyrador

Hello everyone, I've decided to return back to update my mod to the Universe version of DW. However, I think that since ancient Mass Effect era is not that popular, I'll do just Mass Effect present era mod. Moreover there is one already done by Kalthaniell with whom I've shared resources and cooperated across his and mine mods. Kind thanks to Demonius and others who made MASS EFFECT mod compatible with DW Universe.

So would it be a good idea for me to merge Prothean Cycle and MASS EFFECT mods? Thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome. [;)]

Welcome back! A merge of the two would be great, but I'd also just be happy with an up to date, detailed Mass Effect mod. I've done a little work of my own on the ME mod (for my own use) over the past few months so I'd be happy to chip in.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

A merge would be very cool!
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: gerishnakov

ORIGINAL: Tyrador

Welcome back! A merge of the two would be great, but I'd also just be happy with an up to date, detailed Mass Effect mod. I've done a little work of my own on the ME mod (for my own use) over the past few months so I'd be happy to chip in.

I should have been little bit more clearer on merging, as I will add only 4 races to ME mod (Council races (one race), Collectors, Protheans and Rachni, plus most of graphics from prothean cycle mod.

I'm almost done BTW, only custom map and components remain to be added.

Here's a pic of a new 'planet':

Attachments
Citadel.jpg
Citadel.jpg (155.04 KiB) Viewed 211 times
Demonius

Post by Demonius »

Is my release universe download still available?

I really didnt check up on all the patched in changes as well.
heenka

Post by heenka »

that is awesome i got this game just because of the mass effect and prothean cycle mod :D are you going to add new techs and sounds aswell ?
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: Demonius

Is my release universe download still available?

I really didnt check up on all the patched in changes as well.

Yes it is. I've downloaded it from Kalthaniell's MassEffect mod page 7, where you posted it. Thanks again for updating it, you've save me a lot of work. :)
ORIGINAL: heenka

that is awesome i got this game just because of the mass effect and prothean cycle mod :D are you going to add new techs and sounds aswell ?

Yes, I'll add bunch of new tech with reworked tech tree, also components from the Mass Effect universe. I've already reworked and added 9 new resources. Addition of a lot of new sounds and custom map are partly done.
Demonius

Post by Demonius »

Exclusively pirate? Well, wont be playing it then :/
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: Demonius

Exclusively pirate? Well, wont be playing it then :/

Playing as Collectors or Cerberus with Shepard is not interesting? Well well[:D]
gerishnakov

Post by gerishnakov »

I'll definitely download this mod once you've gotten it done and up to date, Tyrador, your work looks really high quality. I've been thinking recently that I might, of course using the work that has come before me, with permission, build up a mod specifically set in the post-Reaper War galaxy. I.e. something equivalent to the vanilla DW's Shadows Era.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: gerishnakov

I'll definitely download this mod once you've gotten it done and up to date, Tyrador, your work looks really high quality. I've been thinking recently that I might, of course using the work that has come before me, with permission, build up a mod specifically set in the post-Reaper War galaxy. I.e. something equivalent to the vanilla DW's Shadows Era.

Great idea! It will fit neatly with the DW Shadows Era.[8D]

Edit: "Actually I think it would be much better idea to make post-Mass Effect era, as canon destroy ending means that there are no mass relays and so space travel is really slow. I think of making a scenario, that begins with the ME3 ending which leads to a dark and scattered galaxy without centralised control from ex-seats of pre post ME3 factions, eg turians/humans. It will be much more interesting to play with this setting."

I will release this mod really soon and I would very much like it to be a free to mod community project, so I'll include some modding assets for ship's graphics as well.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

I've almost finished with my mod. However, I am not sure wherever players would like to see more luxury resources without scrapping original ones or just replacement of the existing ones?

Since my resources.txt file already contains 57 resources, I'm really not sure what should I do? So your opinions on this matter would be more than welcome!

Thanks.

Here are some new planets BTW:

Attachments
Planets.jpg
Planets.jpg (132.81 KiB) Viewed 208 times
dvr

Post by dvr »

More resources present more challenges to the game, which are in my opinion always a good thing! If they have a purpose and are not for the sake of adding more resources, it's a cool addition.
Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

ORIGINAL: dvr

More resources present more challenges to the game, which are in my opinion always a good thing! If they have a purpose and are not for the sake of adding more resources, it's a cool addition.

Thanks for the response.

Yes they have a purpose, I've made 3 vital resources that give growth to colonies: Food, Water and Medi-gel(Medicine). So each organic race will have a 0.00 growth rate without these resources, but regretfully modding does not allow me to make negative growth to simulate starvation after mass relay destruction.

Also I've added some manufactured luxury resources, and lot's of realistic strategic resources. The fact that the are so much of them now would hopefully not destroy the gameplay.

Return to “Design and Modding”