1.9.0.6 Freighters, Construction Ship Explorers wont upgrate to Warp Bubble

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

fierceking

1.9.0.6 Freighters, Construction Ship Explorers wont upgrate to Warp Bubble

Post by fierceking »

I've started a new game using pre warp game 2x now and continue to see this problem. I can manually add the warp bubbles to explorers, const ships, colony ships and my military ships but I can't add to the freighters so this is a problem for me.

The freighters are basically crawling in space.
fierceking

RE: 1.9.0.6 Freighters, Construction Ship Explorers wont upgrate to Warp Bubble

Post by fierceking »

Also there is no Colony Ship design and Passenger ship design. I have to manually create one from scratch.

Can someone plz confirm this. I am playing as humans.
Starfry

Post by Starfry »

Patches tends to reset all your settings so check to see if the AI is reverting to the old designs.
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

What setting are you talking about?

I have to manually add warp bubble to the existing defaulted design because the game is not adding warp bubbles tech.

I can't change the freighter design so they are crawling around without hyperdrives.
pycco

Post by pycco »

colony ships are not auto designed intel you research bigger ships the first one. and i am also experiencing the Construction ships not upgrading even when i manualy upgrade designs. i tell them to retrofit and they wont.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: fierceking

What setting are you talking about?

I have to manually add warp bubble to the existing defaulted design because the game is not adding warp bubbles tech.

I can't change the freighter design so they are crawling around without hyperdrives.
So far, what I have noticed, once warp technology is available no ship class upgrades with hyperdrives. I normally don't mind manually upgrading, but it's a pain. A work-around for the lack of passenger or colonial ships is to save the designs and make use of them in future games.

Klink, Oberst
Terranische Sternenflotte
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Gorofin

Post by Gorofin »

I saw this too, but i think is's design. The ship size with the additional warp modul is to high, depending on what modules you researched before. Try to get Space Ship construction and maybe Enhanced Constration to solve it, or take a look in the directory "Distant .Worls\designTemplates" and make smaller ships (not realy good).
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I believe this is because of this change, so by design:

SHIP DESIGN
- AI ship design process no longer creates unbuildable new designs (too large) for a ship subrole when there is an existing buildable design for the same subrole

You can double-check this by looking at the size of the design if you added a warp bubble drive and necessary reactors. If it is too large for your researched maximum ship size, then the automated design will not keep the last design that still fits within the buildable size active.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

eh? So it is suppose to work. It certainly doesn't in my game. Autodesigner makes warp bubbles transports and destroyers I can't build yet because of size.. while also making current non-warp designs obsolete. Just like it did before the patch.
crusender

Post by crusender »

for all games i play at empire prewarp,for the AI auto-design you need second size build research complete, or AI cant build they default design because like Eric say, they are too big for your max size.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: necaradan666
eh? So it is suppose to work. It certainly doesn't in my game. Autodesigner makes warp bubbles transports and destroyers I can't build yet because of size.. while also making current non-warp designs obsolete. Just like it did before the patch.

Could you upload a save file showing this please?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

Okay, I used the command line to send an archive "Savegame [destroyer designs obsoleted].rar"
The archive includes a readme.txt and the v1.9.0.7 savegame "Vudran Major Ascendancy 2108-09-10 [destroyer designs obsoleted].dwg"

Note that in this game I had my current destroyer designs obsoleted before I got to Warp Bubble tech, the auto destroyer design got too large when I researched shields or something.
sventhebold

Post by sventhebold »

Mine are also stuck in the pre warp days.
In the year 2128!
ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: necaradan666
Okay, I used the command line to send an archive "Savegame [destroyer designs obsoleted].rar"
The archive includes a readme.txt and the v1.9.0.7 savegame "Vudran Major Ascendancy 2108-09-10 [destroyer designs obsoleted].dwg"

Note that in this game I had my current destroyer designs obsoleted before I got to Warp Bubble tech, the auto destroyer design got too large when I researched shields or something.
Thanks for those savegames. After removing the new destroyer design, I could not reproduce this problem.

I think what likely happened is that you cancelled a manual upgrade of the old destroyer design, but thus unintentionally obsoleted it. The AI design process would then create a new destroyer design to replace your now obsolete one.

I have fixed this in the next update by changing the behavior of the "Manually Upgrade Design" button in the Designs screen so that the previous design is not obsoleted unless the new design is saved.

Thanks
Elliot
sventhebold

Post by sventhebold »

Thank you for your advice and help
ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs

Return to “Tech Support”