Let's play Pandora First Contact

Pandora: First Contact is a science-fiction turn-based strategy game of epic scale. The player leads his chosen human faction over multiple centuries on a newly discovered earth-like planet into an unknown future. Pandora features research, diplomacy, economy, warfare and endless replayability with the exploration of exciting and randomly-generated worlds.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

PEWPEW

Let's play Pandora First Contact

Post by PEWPEW »

Hello and welcome to our beta Let's Play of Pandora: First Contact. Below you'll find a number of various different videos covering my play through of the game. It is important to mention that the videos below are made during the game's beta phase and may not reflect the final version seeing as how new things seems to be added very often. I hope you enjoy our series!

Let's play Pandora first contact playthrough part 1 - Frontier Life
balto

RE: Let's play Pandora First Contact

Post by balto »

Hi Pew Pew,

Thanks for the videos.

(1) You are moving very rapidly thru the research and things to build. If you make an episode part 3, could you maybe pause a few seconds at the Research areas and in the build menu, you have a lot of buildings.

(2) I am sure you know that when CIV 5 Brave New World comes out (next month) your initial sales may be non-existent because Pandora is very CIV 5-ish and BNW should be REALLY great. So please hang in there when Pandora is released and after a month or so when most are slightly burned out over BNW, they will come to Pandora.
PEWPEW

Post by PEWPEW »

ORIGINAL: balto

Hi Pew Pew,

Thanks for the videos.

(1) You are moving very rapidly thru the research and things to build. If you make an episode part 3, could you maybe pause a few seconds at the Research areas and in the build menu, you have a lot of buildings.

(2) I am sure you know that when CIV 5 Brave New World comes out (next month) your initial sales may be non-existent because Pandora is very CIV 5-ish and BNW should be REALLY great. So please hang in there when Pandora is released and after a month or so when most are slightly burned out over BNW, they will come to Pandora.

1. I've already prerecorded alot of the series. You could try pausing the video to read the little info boxes if you want.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Planes capture cities? Please change this nonsence.

Look good apart from that.
SephiRok

Post by SephiRok »

I've watched the videos back to back. Thanks a lot for investing the time to record and present the Pandora Beta to everyone. Very valuable feedback as well. Much appreciated and good job!

Cheers,
Rok
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer on Pandora: First Contact
Proxy Studios

[Twitter]
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Planes capture cities? Please change this nonsence.

Look good apart from that.

What? Airplane pilots aren't soldiers now all of a sudden? People can't surrender to your airforce?

Let's see how the game plays first... 'cause I don't have a problem with this *at the moment*. Although I agree that proper ground troops should be necessary to actually hold a city until you can impose a proper police state. If capturing the city results in instant new happy citizens, then ok... but is that the case?
Muzzleflash

Post by Muzzleflash »

Looks interesting. Tiny bit annoying that the report screens pop up before the others finish their moves. Can't really see whats going on.

Return to “Pandora Series”