Minelaying Allied aircraft - the ultimate stealth aircraft

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AE Veteran

Minelaying Allied aircraft - the ultimate stealth aircraft

Post by AE Veteran »

Ok after numerous minelaying missions, my Japanese flyboys are crying foul - they've not yet intercepted one of these missions. Initially Venturas layed some mines, then 4E's are now lumbering in at 7000 feet and laying mines with impunity yet, in one instance, 60 highly experienced Tony's flew around aimlessley? What gives? New 40's stealth technology?
tocaff

RE: Minelaying Allied aircraft - the ultimate stealth aircraft

Post by tocaff »

Historically B-29s came in low over the Inland Sea and dropped their loads of mines and were gone before the Japanese even knew they were there. My father told me of how the crews hated having the mines on the planes, but that except for operational losses it was a given that you'd return to Tinian.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
MateDow

Post by MateDow »

Look at the bright side, at least your super mine detection gear let you know that there was a minefield present as soon as it was laid.
AE Veteran

Post by AE Veteran »

ORIGINAL: MateDow

Look at the bright side, at least your super mine detection gear let you know that there was a minefield present as soon as it was laid.

That is very true [:)]
AE Veteran

Post by AE Veteran »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

Historically B-29s came in low over the Inland Sea and dropped their loads of mines and were gone before the Japanese even knew they were there. My father told me of how the crews hated having the mines on the planes, but that except for operational losses it was a given that you'd return to Tinian.

Well my fifty Tonys couldnt find the B-17's at 7000 feet or so. 4E's only ever have operational losses in AE... [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”