Panthers in the fog won´t start

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Chris77

Panthers in the fog won´t start

Post by Chris77 »

When I try to start it, I get a message saying:

"Unable to start the program because your video card does not support 800x600x16 bit resolution"

Specs:
CPU: N280 @ 1.66GHz

977 MHz, 1.99GB RAM

Video card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family x 2

My computer: Lenovo 10EB39D7

That is weird, as I do have the necessary graphics and space to run the game. I have updated my video card driver. Anyone who has an idea of how to solve or bypass this problem?
SteveMcClaire

RE: Panthers in the fog won´t start

Post by SteveMcClaire »

That text for that error message is incorrect -- for Panthers in the Fog it should say 1024x768x32 bit resolution. But the error basically means that the game couldn't create a DirectX device of the proper type. Assuming your video card and display support this, we can try a few things.

If your Windows desktop resolution is less than 1024 wide and 768 high, try increasing it to at least that size in each dimension. If you're able to start the game and you want to keep your Windows desktop resolution low, go into the game options and turn off the 'Windowed' option under the game resolution. This will cause the game to run in full-screen mode and it won't matter what your Windows desktop resolution is at that point.

If your desktop height is exactly 768 and you can't set it any higher, and you want to run in Windows mode, try setting your Windows task bar (assuming it is at the bottom of the screen) to 'auto-hide'. You can do this by right-clicking the task bar and selecting 'properties' and checking the 'auto-hide taskbar' box.

Steve
Chris77

Post by Chris77 »

Thanks Steve, I appreciate your help.

It looks as if it still won't work. The highest setting I can choose from is 1024x600, so this machine is likely inadequate. I'll have to throw it unto my desktop once I am back from deployment. In the meantime I'll try and install "wacht am Rhein" on this one and play that instead - it should be less demanding.

Chris
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes, the minimum specs for Panthers is 1024 x 768, as noted on the box and manuals. Sorry it won't work out for you on your mobile machine.

Return to “Tech Support”