Computer instant shutdown!

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Ayala

Computer instant shutdown!

Post by Ayala »

Hello everybody!

Since I installed Lost Battles I`m suffrering many instant shutdowns. When?, in any moment. Usually I´m online when I play WITE. I have experimented it in a desktop computer, in several weeks I´m going to try in a laptop PC.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much, actually i´m learning Engish seriously, but it is too soon yet. ;-)

¡Gracias por la ayuda!, aún tengo que aprender mucho inglés, tiempo al tiempo.
La esperanza es un estimulante vital muy superior a la suerte.
Mehring

RE: Computer instant shutdown!

Post by Mehring »

If anyone has a useful answer for this one but doesn't speak Spanish, I can probably translate.
“Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.”
-Leon Trotsky
Ayala

Post by Ayala »

Thanks, Mehring!.

Usually I read English better than writing it. But it is true, it would be greater in Spanish... Very nice of you!.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Not sure what you mean by "instant shutdowns"? Is your system turning itself off, rebooting, going to a blue screen, or what?

I suggest you uninstall WitE. Reinstall the base version and see if you get shutdowns. If not then install the latest update, but not Lost Battles, and see if you get any shutdowns. If not then reinstall Lost Battles and see if you still get shutdowns. It would also be helpful to see your system specs as well.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Ayala

Post by Ayala »

My system turns off; like if you unplug the computer, or if the energy deads.

Well, I`m going to try yours advices, and WITE will be tried in a laptop. The PC specs in other post, later, sorry.

Thank you!
molchomor

Post by molchomor »

Do you get the same problem when running other CPU- or memory intensive applications ?

Sounds like an overheating CPU or faulty PSU or perhaps some other faulty component on your MB (capacitor) is causing this. A memory issue would lead to bluescreen, so we can rule that out..

Please check the temperatures amd voltages, usually such SW comes bundled with your computer. And do a google search for yiour HW components looking for known issues.

Ayala

Post by Ayala »

Uhmm, I´m going to investigate it, but I`m 99% sure that the heat is not a problem, if you knew my IL-2 sesions... ;-) Also, afther a shutdown the PC can be started without any waiting time ans it goes OK.

Bah!, this issue is not very important. I`m going to try in two laptops in several weeks.

If there are some news, I tell you.

Thanks!!!

Return to “Tech Support”