New Difficulty Settings

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Trifler

New Difficulty Settings

Post by Trifler »

First of all I want to say "thank you very much" for the custom difficulty settings. They're really great to have and I'm already enjoying having those options.

However, I didn't see any documentation in the game folder, the in-game Library, or on either these or the Slitherine forums on exactly what all the options do. I figured out the Strength sliders easily enough. Some kind of run-down of what each option does would be appreciated. Or tooltips when hoving the cursor over each option in a future patch.

In particular, I'm not sure what the Custom Difficulty checkbox does or what the particulars are for the AI Level, Game Rules, and Combat Random options. I also would like to know what these sliders and options are set to for each of the predetermined difficulty levels. I'm guessing that on Sergeant it uses AI Level 0. I know it uses an AI Strength of -5. I don't know how prestige, experience, and number of turns are affected on that setting. As for the other difficulty settings, I don't know anything other than the AI Strength. Perhaps in a future patch, the sliders and options in the Advanced tab would match the difficulty selected under the Basic tab unless the Custom Difficulty checkbox was selected?

Mostly I just need some info. Thanks!
VPaulus

RE: New Difficulty Settings

Post by VPaulus »

Trifler

Post by Trifler »

Thanks. I was looking for more information than what those provide, and preferably in some official written up documentation in one place, but fortunately I found a post where someone said the settings for each of the basic difficulty levels can be found in the diff.pzdat file in the Panzer Corps/Data folder. I was able to open it using a text editor (Notepad). That, combined with the links you provided, gave me the information I needed. I'll work on putting this information together into a single post in the War Room forum.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Here you go, Trifler. I asked the exact same thing in the general forum.

VPaulus's links don't really explain much, but he did go into detail in this thread here - tm.asp?m=3343526

Very helpful, VPaulus.
Trifler

Post by Trifler »

Thanks for that link jglazier and thanks VPaulus.

I've compiled everything into a single post for everyone: Custom Difficulty Settings

Return to “Tech Support”