Question on combat %'s from different OOB

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Disgruntled Veteran

Question on combat %'s from different OOB

Post by Disgruntled Veteran »

So I've been wondering this for a bit and the manual is clear..but not fully clear on how this works.

What I'm talking about is the % penalty you pay when a unit from a different OOB takes part in a battle. Is the % penalty applied just to the supporting unit or does it affect the entire combat force. For instance:

XVIII Corps with 3 defending divisions gets attacked and it is the primary combatant. Now lets add a reserve regiment from a unit thats adjacent but in a different AG. So lets say the penalty is 20% (I don't remember exactly what it is)does that 20% count against just the reserve regiment or the entire force? If its the entire force it often will hurt the battle more than it would help. This is crucial when planning your defense.

The manual makes it sound like it affects the entire force. I hope that's not the case. Anyone know for sure?
cpt flam

RE: Question on combat %'s from different OOB

Post by cpt flam »

from what I have seen
the "original" corp will be full strength
others will be down from 6 to 30 per cent
gingerbread

RE: Question on combat %'s from different OOB

Post by gingerbread »

The combat result screen says it all, the penalties applied are listed for each command. The 'Comm HQ' is also stated and units in that command does not have penalties.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”