Resource info

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

zonks

Resource info

Post by zonks »

Probably an easy one, but I cannot for the life of me find any info in the manual or the web about what the % next to the resources in the planet interface represents.
Osito

RE: Resource info

Post by Osito »

As I understand it, it gives an indication of the rate at which the resource will be mined. Thus, I would expect something with a 50% figure to be mined at half the rate as something with a 100% figure.

It would be good to have someone confirm that.

Osito
Osito
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

That is indeed my understanding. Discovering a new resource or exhausting an existing resource is pure random. The percentage is a modifier to extraction rates.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Double post
zonks

Post by zonks »

Ah cool, thank you.
Constantine XI

Post by Constantine XI »

I have wondered about this as well. I always assumed it was some measure of quality / quantity, and the extraction rate seems like a reasonable explanation. Really weird that there is no obvious explanation in the Help System.

Can anyone confirm this?

Related, how do you guys look at this from a strategy perspective? Is there a point at which you feel a resource is not worthwhile to exploit with a mine? I often run into situations where the only source of a needed resource is fairly low, so I don't feel like I can ignore it even with a low percentage.
Osito

Post by Osito »

Speaking for myself, I would certainly go for a low quality resource if I needed it, especially if I have no other sources.
Osito
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

The percentages stated show how many units per 100 mined that you recieve in resources.

Example 76% Helium

So for every 100 units your extractors mine on the planet, you recieve 76 units in Helium.

Extractors mine at a set rate, so technically it doesn't impact the mining rate but the capture rate of the resources. In practice, it does impact the extraction rate of resources per mining cycle.
invaderzim

Post by invaderzim »

What happens if there are three resources on a planet? If your extractor is capable of mining 100 units of one resource in a month, will additional resources slow it down?

For instance if there is a planet with 100% steel on it, you would expect to get 100 steel at the end of that month. But if there is 100% steel and 100% gold, would you get 100 of each resource or 50 steel and 50 gold?
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

100 of each.

Return to “The War Room”