Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Abefar

Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Post by Abefar »

Hi

I have a little problem with independent traders. I just started a new game and the first independt trader that comes along buys 6500 steel from me?? wth i need that steel [&:] So now I have only 2500 left and havent got any steel mines yet! (there is on source but is out in one of the outer rings so takes a little while getting there - prewarp ships are slow [:'(])

So anything I can do about this? What do I get in return when independent traders buys my ressources? does the money go to state or private sector or does the ressources just disapear and noone gets anything?

I had this problem before shadows. I always thought is was annoying other races buying all my good ressources that i need myself!
Oberst_Klink

RE: Independent traders taking my ressources (pre warp game)

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Abefar

Hi

I have a little problem with independent traders. I just started a new game and the first independt trader that comes along buys 6500 steel from me?? wth i need that steel [&:] So now I have only 2500 left and havent got any steel mines yet! (there is on source but is out in one of the outer rings so takes a little while getting there - prewarp ships are slow [:'(])

So anything I can do about this? What do I get in return when independent traders buys my ressources? does the money go to state or private sector or does the ressources just disapear and noone gets anything?

I had this problem before shadows. I always thought is was annoying other races buying all my good ressources that i need myself!
Best option is - destroy or board them! Not sure if it has implications but give it a shot! However, that's a good point for the master wish-list, to select resources (at least strategic ones) in the list that can't be sold or similar.

Klink, Oberst
Terranische Sternenflotte & Kdr STALAG 13 (Weltraum)
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Abefar

Post by Abefar »

Thx for the quick reply [:)]

Yeah attacking might be an option, but it do require a lot of micromanagement, as I have to keep on my rsv ressources all the time. And as you said im not sure what happends if you attack independent traders. They might not come back at all, which is probably a bad thing since i dont mind them buying stuff i have plenty of. I dont like the idea of destroying them.

Do you know who gets the money when independent traders buy ressources from you?
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Abefar

Thx for the quick reply [:)]

Yeah attacking might be an option, but it do require a lot of micromanagement, as I have to keep on my rsv ressources all the time. And as you said im not sure what happends if you attack independent traders. They might not come back at all, which is probably a bad thing since i dont mind them buying stuff i have plenty of. I dont like the idea of destroying them.

Do you know who gets the money when independent traders buy ressources from you?
Not sure, but I reckon it shows up in the space-port income. And micromanagement is fun, especially in Shadows. Have a look at Larry's LP on YT.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Post by SunDevil_MatrixForum »

Both Mining and Gas mining stations have a commerce component added in the default design. Couldn't you remove that component with a retrofit and that would prevent resources being sold and only picked up by your transports?
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

No it doesn't prevent resources being sold but it does give you either much less or no money (I tested it once and can't remember the answer). So that really doesn't work.

I'm wondering about the boarding action and the impact to reputation and whether it effects future traders. If it doesn't do either, then it would seem to be open season.
pycco

Post by pycco »

Ya the independent trader just took all my necro stones,lead,steel before i had my first mining station built
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”