AI Pirates always Balanced?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Webbco

AI Pirates always Balanced?

Post by Webbco »

Is it just me or are there never any other AI pirates types other than Balanced? I'm guessing the different playstyles (raider, smuggler, mercenary) are for the player only but it's a bit boring having the same pirate avatar picture for every pirate faction I encounter...
Raap

RE: AI Pirates always Balanced?

Post by Raap »

Huh? I have all four of them in my game. Though balanced seems to dominate a bit, taking up about half the total number of pirates.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

I've definitely seen Smuggler and Mercenary.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Pirate types are based on race.Humans are balanced,attuk Mercenary,Dhuyet raider etc.
Webbco

Post by Webbco »

I'm playing as an Ikkuro regular empire and I'm surrounded by 12 pirate factions all of which have the balanced pirate icon. A long list of gold and red heads in my diplomacy screen...
Webbco

Post by Webbco »

Just bumping this as I now have 14 pirate empires that look the same. The screenshot shows these empires in the diplomacy screen....s it supposed to be like this?

Attachments
20130601_225426.jpg
20130601_225426.jpg (849.92 KiB) Viewed 14 times
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)
Webbco

Post by Webbco »

I know, it feels a bit like too many Agent Smiths. I now have a record count of 30 pirate factions, all with the same avatar and still no idea what's causing it.
Lev13

Post by Lev13 »

Either that is a bug, or you are just really lucky to get the 0.1% change that out of 30 pirates, 30 are balanced.
I guess it is a bug.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”