Zero SMPs for Germany after taking Poland

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

gwgardner

Zero SMPs for Germany after taking Poland

Post by gwgardner »

Playing the Grand Campaign, just took Poland, and now Germany has zero strategic movement points. That didn't used to happen, so is it a new event (which I don't see) or a bug? Playing 1.4.

gwgardner

RE: Zero SMPs for Germany after taking Poland

Post by gwgardner »

By the way, I noted the same thing in the alternative Grand Campaign, and thought it was by design. But now it seems quite odd. I figure it's a bug.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I am playing the GC PBEM as the Allies, and I read every event in full as they come up, but do not recall anything negative being mentioned after the fall of Poland. I do remember playing Barbarossa with the Axis vs AI USSR and getting an event with the German people becoming discouraged with the length of the war or something similar, but it only decreased PP slightly, due to unrest I think. Perhaps my PBEM opponent had a similar experience as you did? If so, then the event needs to be corrected in 1.5(if at all possible).
JRR
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

That happened to me as well. It is like the STP's can only be used once when the game starts versus every turn. So I actually had to build more as walking from Poland to France takes FOREVER lol. France actually fell before all the troops made it [X(]. Of course then they had to go back [:D]

Once you build new ones, they work as they should. You can use them every turn. It seems that the one's you start with act differently.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

definitely a bug. shouldn't have to build any - that's expensive. Playing solo, just go into the data files and add more. Playing PBEM I'm stuck.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner
definitely a bug. shouldn't have to build any - that's expensive. Playing solo, just go into the data files and add more. Playing PBEM I'm stuck.

For PBEM could't you use F12 to make up the PP deficit in restoring the STPs, by agreement with your opponent, who should get a notification of the F12 activity.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
FJeff

Post by FJeff »

Which file?
ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

For PBEM could't you use F12 to make up the PP deficit in restoring the STPs, by agreement with your opponent, who should get a notification of the F12 activity.
And it's one, two, three,
What are we fightin' for?
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

It's a moot point, since 1.5 fixes the bug.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: FJeff
Which file?

Not sure what you mean, 'which file' - for what.

Using F12, during a turn, produces a screen in which you can change PP and DP levels for the nations and switch nations between AI and human control, this is useful in adjusting games played against the AI and in fixing anomalies in the scenarios. For solo play you can decide for yourself how much you want to use this feature, but in PBEM it could be used as a cheat, so a feature was added to notify opponents of the use of the F12 feature.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

but in PBEM it could be used as a cheat, so a feature was added to notify opponents of the use of the F12 feature.

I've never been able to use F12 or F11 in PBEM. How do you do it? I mean PBEM++.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

but in PBEM it could be used as a cheat, so a feature was added to notify opponents of the use of the F12 feature.

I've never been able to use F12 or F11 in PBEM. How do you do it? I mean PBEM++.
I am just remembering the discussion we had when Doomtrader first told us about the availability of F12 and when it was pointed out that this could be a PBEM cheat, it was said that an F12 notification was provided.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

After suffering through the 0 SMPs event since the fall of Poland, imagine my surprise to find an event that triggers in the GC PBEM scenario on the turn after taking Paris, that leaves me with -103 PPs!? Still no SMPs, and France fell mostly by Infantry attacks as my Armor was still in Yugoslavia when the event triggered declaring war on low countries. This is leaving me thinking about returning to CEAW. Much less frustrating.
JRR

Return to “Time of Fury”