Fall of Singapore

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Micke II

Fall of Singapore

Post by Micke II »

Amazing color movie from the japanese side. I don't know if it has been recently relased on youtube or if it's old stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1u-GdEyfvQ
bigred

RE: Fall of Singapore

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: Micke II

Amazing color movie from the japanese side. I don't know if it has been recently relased on youtube or if it's old stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1u-GdEyfvQ
at 1.51 note the bicycle soldier loading onto his landing craft. must be the 5th division.

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (372.77 KiB) Viewed 134 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

Note the infantry using wire cutters while under artillery fire.

Attachments
a2.jpg
a2.jpg (329.02 KiB) Viewed 134 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Looks like your run of the mill stock newsreel stuff. For the theaters back home. The action shots were probably staged shots and the film most likely black and white that has been colorized. Very interesting stuff. I have never seen before.

Thanks.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

Really cool, thanks!
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

Banzai !!!!
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
Micke II

Post by Micke II »

They are plenty more videos recently released from the Romano private collection on this link

http://www.youtube.com/user/UnknownWW2InColor

I discovered this "gold mine" yesterday through the movie New York 1939  where you can see everything has changed but not so much.

Musician, writer, historian, researcher, Italian pioneer of the digitalization of historical multimedial material, Vincent "Enzo" Romano assembles, from 1990 up to today, the most complete Italian private digital archive related to the American History, from the end of XIX Century to 1970, and other "different" Collections regarding European historical events.
In October 2005, through the Project "ROMANO-ARCHIVES Special Collections Department", Vincent Romano keeps distributing on line for the first time digital copies of historical documents belonging to some important Collections, taking the challenge to make even the most hidden and controversial documents regarding the Contemporary History easily findable and available, in a way capable to rise a wide range of interest and curiosity in the international public of the Web.
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

I have seen several of these shots before in Black and White. These have been colorized.

That being said, a) nice footage, and b) that's a pretty good colorization job!

I don't know that I have seen any film footage from wartime Japan shot in color; I've only seen pre-war that was shot likley by US or foreign filmmakers.
SqzMyLemon

Post by SqzMyLemon »

There's a DVD called "Japan's War in Colour" that I picked up quite a few years ago. It's actual colour film and not colourized. I found it pretty interesting with it showing lots of footage of the Home Islands and civilian life. I also recall it being rather bleak as colour gives the aftermath of battle an ugliness that B&W hides. It's narrated by Brian Cox (SP?) and think he does a great job. I recommend it.
Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”