Pre-warp Human Revolution Let's Play

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Castinar

RE: Pre-warp Human Revolution Let's Play

Post by Castinar »

Looking forward to it!
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Thank you kindly, Galen. It's going to be a long and fun adventure! I will be needing and wanting some good playing tips as well as I progress. [:)]
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Episode 2 Federation The Grand Federation is created amid celebration and pomp. In the meantime, the realities of being a space empire hover around our home planet in the form of hostile pirates.
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Episode 3 "We choose to go to the stars" With our first great pirate crisis going on at the home world of Capitolium, our first brave explorers leave for the initial interstellar journey.
henri51

Post by henri51 »

You were on the razor's edge there in part 3. On the edge of bankruptcy, with two different pirate raiders attacking, one with a resupply ship 10 times more powerful than your ships at that! It was a good idea to pay them off so they would go raid someone else while you built up and canceled the protection agreement. Let's hope they don't come back with 20 ships and the resupply ship in the next installment...

Henri
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

I am expecting mighty reprisals for my treachery. At least from that raiding pirate faction. It's going to be exciting. [:)]
loki100

Post by loki100 »

just to say how enjoyable (and incredibly useful) I'm finding these ... up to episode #2 now

thank you
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Thanks, man! I hope to continue this for many more episodes, although the very existence of my space empire is under threat already. [:D]
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Episode 4 Glorious Arms The pirates open hostilities and our defensive forces take up the challenge.
Blueberry

Post by Blueberry »

Good stuff. Thoroughly enjoying it. [;)]
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Excellent! Thank you kindly [:)]
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

Back in town, and starting out on Ep. 1

Space creatures in home system not a bug...it's part of the storyline. You might get rid of them entirely if you disable all storylines (not sure). Same thing happened in RotS...the storyline forced a couple things you normally wouldn't see if disabled.
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Yeah, I've talke about it in another thread on the forum and was informed that it's part of the storyline. They're still there whenever I generate a galaxy without the Shadows story though, but they usually cause no trouble since they're most often taken out by the nearby pirates very early on.

Thanks for watching! [:)] As usual, the game generates a massively thrilling story for me, and I'm just along for the ride. Gotta love this game for that!
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Episode 5 Good Neighbours We find out about our neighbouring empires and make a friend among them.
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

Congrats on Warp (ep3). Looking forward to more. Going to have to try the mod as well....love the input by the community there (running two now myself...but this one looks fun as well!)
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Yes! The community has been really helpful in both this LP of mine and another LP I'm doing right now with Europa Universalis III. I'm really proud to be a member of such a world-wide, helpful and polite, strategy community. Strategy gamers unite!
loki100

Post by loki100 »

just finished Number #4. Still learning a huge amount and very impressed at the way you destroyed that inital pirate attack.
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

My frigate design is quite OK at this point in the game, and provide for a good backbone to my defensive efforts, but my other ships need a bit of an overhaul, so I'm going to tweak them in the episode today.
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Episode 6 Exploration and Contacts We continue exploring and expanding; we find potential opportunities and potential threats.

Return to “After Action Reports”