New map for WITE

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

Jison

RE: New map for WITE

Post by Jison »

Glad you guys like the mod! [:)]
ORIGINAL: chemkid

@Jison - thank you very much!

chem!

ps: there's no donate-button on your MapMod page... why?! [X(]

Fiddle with mods are fun - fiddle with PayPal is not! [;)]

Jison

achillesdave

Post by achillesdave »

Thanks for the map and counters [&o]
Ron

Post by Ron »

I would like to chime in and say wow, thank you. This is simply amazing work, completely transforms the look and feel of the game, and much more professional over the stock graphics in my opinion. Just curious about the "I'm not done yet - more stuff later." Thanks again.

Jison

Post by Jison »

Fortifications are ready - link in my signature.

[:)]

Jison

RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

When you see that Jison has posted it's like being a kid going into a sweet shop
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Fantastic work Jison.[&o]

1 small problem. I was able to install map and weather but not forts. Any ideas? Belphegor (who is very computer literate unlike me) has the same problem
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Looks fantastic Jison just downloaded it all [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Thanks
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
IronDuke_slith

Post by IronDuke_slith »

If you're looking for requests / suggestions, then something to display (with your usual subtlety) the ARM / HI and resource hexes would be nice...[;)]

Thanks,
ID
Jison

Post by Jison »

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

1 small problem. I was able to install map and weather but not forts. Any ideas? Belphegor (who is very computer literate unlike me) has the same problem

It doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the file - compression and content checked ok. If you could be a bit more detailed perhaps we could figure it out...

I know this is a very stupid question but you do have the 'toggle fort levels' on?

Jison

Jison

Post by Jison »

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

If you're looking for requests / suggestions, then something to display (with your usual subtlety) the ARM / HI and resource hexes would be nice...[;)]

Thanks,
ID

That was actually in the original plan, and industrial areas are displayed in my PzC mods, but I eventually decided against it because in WitE you can relocate factories. In the long run that would lead to a map that 'lie' to the player - displaying factories in areas where there are none and vice versa.
WitE's 'Show Factory Location' toggle is more polite that way - it never lies to you... [:)]

Jison

morvael

Post by morvael »

Could there be a version for the visually impaired (it seems I am in that group) where the fonts used to render unit strength are bold and the counters are darker in that area to provide better outline? Because I really tire when I try to read the thin white digits on Soviet counters... I know the color of font is hardcoded, so you can't change that.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

This is a class piece of work by any measure. I have replaced my old place names mod with Jison's master piece! I stuck with the Vanilla units though...

Attachments
Map.jpg
Map.jpg (969.59 KiB) Viewed 333 times
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Jison

It doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the file - compression and content checked ok. If you could be a bit more detailed perhaps we could figure it out...

I know this is a very stupid question but you do have the 'toggle fort levels' on?

Jison

Given my uselessness with computers, that is a very sensible question. Yes but the new forts appeared today. Must be because I needed to turn the game or computer off, though the map and whether worked fine without that. Once I realised I had to turn weather effect on, anyway...........................
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
IronDuke_slith

Post by IronDuke_slith »

Thanks,
ID

That was actually in the original plan, and industrial areas are displayed in my PzC mods, but I eventually decided against it because in WitE you can relocate factories. In the long run that would lead to a map that 'lie' to the player - displaying factories in areas where there are none and vice versa.
WitE's 'Show Factory Location' toggle is more polite that way - it never lies to you... [:)]

Jison

Excellent point, I had not considered this. What about the resources, though, oil etc. Could that be done as they can't be relocated? Sorry for being greedy, but this mod has really freshened the game up for me.

Many thanks,
ID
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I will echo many other posters, this is a 'Superb Map', thanks for making it available!
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Jison - any plans for a WitPAE Map mod??? That would look amazing, I am sure :)
Jison

Post by Jison »

Jison

Given my uselessness with computers, that is a very sensible question. Yes but the new forts appeared today. Must be because I needed to turn the game or computer off, though the map and whether worked fine without that. Once I realised I had to turn weather effect on, anyway...........................

No worry - glad it worked out in the end. And speaking of uselessness with computers, it isn't without reason I call my own computer 'the enigma machine'... [:)]

Jison

Jison

Post by Jison »

Thanks,
ID

Jison

Excellent point, I had not considered this. What about the resources, though, oil etc. Could that be done as they can't be relocated? Sorry for being greedy, but this mod has really freshened the game up for me.

Many thanks,
ID

That could be done I suppose. When all bits and pieces are done and this mod is complete, I will ponder that idea, IronDuke. You may have to remind me though! [;)]

Jison

Jison

Post by Jison »

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Jison - any plans for a WitPAE Map mod??? That would look amazing, I am sure :)

One should never say never I suppose... [8D]

Jison

Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Your WitE map has got me playing the game all over again - it's almost as though it's a new game. Until the Blizzard, anyway :(

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”