support for steam version

Pride of Nations is a turn-based historical strategy game set in the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control of a country and guides it through industrialization, military conquest, and colonization. This release from AGEOD follows such successful historical strategy games as Birth of America, American Civil War, Napoleon's Campaigns, Rise of Prussia and Wars in America.
RedArgo

support for steam version

Post by RedArgo »

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but will the steam version of PoN still be supported? Is it possible to apply patches and DLC to the steam version that aren't purchased or key activated through steam?

Thanks.
Pocus

RE: support for steam version

Post by Pocus »

Yes absolutely, if you look at your Steam folder, you should see \Steam\SteamApps\common

This is where resides the game, you can target a patch from Ageod to this folder and it will update the game. Be sure to prevent Steam from de-patching it (no auto update for PON on Steam).
AGEOD Team
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ageod will be offering patches and support to all customers whether they bought from us or not as a gesture of good will.

This is all wrapped up in the pricing discussion and only possible as long as we can make Ageod a sustainable business.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Deomrve

Post by Deomrve »

I'm going to assume that your support for the Steam version will also apply to the Gamersgate version.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We will support all copies of AGEOD titles purchased through online stores, distributors and retail.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Deomrve

Post by Deomrve »

That is good to hear.
jday305

Post by jday305 »

I bought this game through Steam when they first offered it for sale and could never get it to run. It was probably my fault as I got quickly interested in a couple of other Steam bought games and forgot about PON; therefore I never call tech support. After reading some of the post on this forum, I may have to dust off my old version of PON and give it a second chance.
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Can anyone help me get my Gamersgate serial to work in registering it in matrix?
Deomrve

Post by Deomrve »

You will not be able to register your game with Matrix. Explanation here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3305070
slider15

Post by slider15 »

So if I have bought the steam version of PoN I can by the DLC from Matrix and it will still work? Just double checking before I make a purchase.
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes they will work.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Pride of Nations”