Transporters NOT delivering resources to constructors !

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

FlashXAron_slith

Transporters NOT delivering resources to constructors !

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

as stated above ...

I think the Problem is a

BUG BUG BUG
which has been reinterduced with "Shadows" ...

THE PRIVATE TRANSPORTERS , aren't able anymore to deliver resources to the constructors !

PLEASE DEVS LOOK IN THAT PROBLEM !!!

I have lot of constructors, which are working on different mines and missing some resources, but no Transporters coming for the call ... that worked without "Shadows"

THX

Thanks
Bingeling

RE: Transporters NOT delivering resources to constructors !

Post by Bingeling »

I have seen them deliver resources in Shadows just fine. Maybe they are too busy with other matters?

Try to enable civilian vectors, and cycle the stuck constructors, spaceports, and colonies with no spaceports. Red travel vectors indicate freighters working for your selected unit. For a quick demo, select the capital spaceport, it probably have lots of freighters fetching stuff for it.
Bebop Cola

Post by Bebop Cola »

I did not know about that feature.

Thanks, Bingeling!
FlashXAron_slith

... many private Transporters are doing nothing and the ones, which are flying around didn't want to deliver anything to my construtctors (no red line) ... checked all my 12 constructors !

It is faster to scrap that half build mines and building them new ! But to beeing succesful I have to move the constructor first to my homeplanet, where everything of the resources are stored and give the order manuel !

... not fun ... seems in my game that Transporters have lost their sense :-)
TrooperCooper

Post by TrooperCooper »

I had similar problems. Having TONS of all resources at various spaceports (especially home planet of course), iddle freighters sitting at those ports and my stations / constructors out were crying for materials while none of the active freighters were on the way to them (vector check negative). So what I think is happening is that the system queues the transport missions up on freighters who are very busy already. Maybe it goes with queue nearest freighter instead of nearest iddle freighter? That way it could happen that some freighters get absurd long job lists... I dont know, but the system certainly could use some improvements...
FlashXAron_slith

,,, before shadows it was somehow working !

now I am playing "MOVE THE CONSTRUCTOR" :-)

... we will have to wait, but it seems it will be a hard Task for the devs to solve that !

I think it is because now it is possible to "retrofit" private mines and basis, which are not at a colony !
invaderzim

Post by invaderzim »

In 1.9.03, I had a constructor wait years for resources while idle freighters sat next to it. The funny thing is, there was a spaceport in the same system that had the needed materials.
FlashXAron_slith

ORIGINAL: invaderzim

In 1.9.03, I had a constructor wait years for resources while idle freighters sat next to it. The funny thing is, there was a spaceport in the same system that had the needed materials.

... still in ver 4 ! have the same, now I scraped the mine and built it new !
But I have around 100 with that Problem, even retrofit and upgrade was set to manuel all of them wanted to change to the new design !
FlashXAron_slith

It seems the Transporters are only able to move between the star ports, and now most of them are moving "steel" around between that ports, but they didn't transport that needed resource to the "retrofitting mine" and constructors don't have a "order" to retrofit mines or stations ... so the system wants to behave like in the old "distant World" Version, where stations or any buildings have been retrofit direct from a planet, where they have been built !

So what is missing here !

That constructors could retrofit mines and inspace buildings and that Transporters move resources from the ports to the constructors FOR THAT TASK !

At the moment I am not able to give my constructors the task "to retrofit a base or mine" , but that is needed that this cycle is working.
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: FlashXAron

as stated above ...

I think the Problem is a

BUG BUG BUG
which has been reinterduced with "Shadows" ...

THE PRIVATE TRANSPORTERS , aren't able anymore to deliver resources to the constructors !

PLEASE DEVS LOOK IN THAT PROBLEM !!!

I have lot of constructors, which are working on different mines and missing some resources, but no Transporters coming for the call ... that worked without "Shadows"

THX

Thanks

To be honest the freighters in Shadows latest update are doing a great job, the only thing that is not mentioned here is how you are setting up your resources. I only have 10 constructors working for my empire on a 10x10 700 map and I control them manually. I use the expansion planner to keep an eye on source amounts and with that information mine the ones that are low in number, your home planets system can normally provide a fair few to get things started and as I take a new system, by colonizing or invading, the first thing I do is bring up the system data and see if there are fuel resources there, if so then that is the first thing that is selected to mine, I then check the system for other strategic resources and then finally see if there any luxury resources available. With ten constructors working in a system it does not take to long to set those resources up, and as there already working there it is quite easy to queue, click on the mine icon below the planet data, as there are constructors at hand to accept the 'queue nearest constructor' command, this saves having constructors tied up when you need them at a moments notice, like finding a 100% asteroid or some such. In my current game I have about 180 mines, both types, and if I change the design for the gas or mining it takes about 20-30 minutes at normal game speed and the all mines are retro fitted and updated to the current design. I still get shortages coming up but I know I have the resources and it is just the sudden influx of work on the freighters that causes it. I am also under the impression that currently constructors also take extra resources when they build something so that when a retrofit order comes through the retrofitting object has some to start with. The only thing I am a little concerned with is the updating of SP's, research stations and 'other' bases, I have never noticed the upgrade from S to M to L on the SP's when a planets population reaches each threshold for example, so I gave up waiting and do them myself.

Darkspire
FlashXAron_slith

... maybe it is because I started the game with Version 1.9.0.0
and I have the largest map possible with all other things at minimum, rare ...

Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: FlashXAron

... maybe it is because I started the game with Version 1.9.0.0
and I have the largest map possible with all other things at minimum, rare ...

If your playing on those sorts of settings then you must be well aware of what resources are valuable and in what order to mine them and how the freighter network runs, my post was more aimed at giving some insight to a new player, which from what you are saying you are not, apologies.

Darkspire

Return to “Tech Support”