japanese aircraft production in stock scenario: discrepancy with USSBS

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

quertice

japanese aircraft production in stock scenario: discrepancy with USSBS

Post by quertice »

i'm relating to "United States Strategic Bombing Survey" , after war official report

an image from appendix:

japan airplanes production in stock scenario at PH attack:

total 375

which is wrong? scenario values or USSBS?

for interested people, it's the link to part of survey concerning japan aircraft industry http://ia600508.us.archive.org/6/items/ ... 00unit.pdf
JuanG

RE: japanese aircraft production in stock scenario: discrepancy with USSBS

Post by JuanG »

Theres some aircraft at least that aren't represented, like those trainers/trainer-variants used by your pilots during (off-map) training. Some of these appear later in the game to be used as kamikaze units, but for most of the game you do not have to build them. Their cost is partly abstracted into the pilot training HI cost. I imagine these count in that 'non-combat' portion.

As for where the difference is regarding combat aircraft, I do not know.
mike scholl 1

Post by mike scholl 1 »

The game starts on the 7th..., production figures are for the entire month. So about a 20% difference is to be expected.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: mike scholl 1

The game starts on the 7th..., production figures are for the entire month. So about a 20% difference is to be expected.

I was thinking more that just because those are the numbers in the pools, that doesn't mean that's what was produced. The pools are just the extras. What was produced could very easily already be in units scattered throughout the empire.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”