Pirate Protection

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Fideach

Pirate Protection

Post by Fideach »

I've been seeing in the diplomacy windows that I have pirate protections with various pirates. But when I contact them to cancel it, it just gives me the options to ask for it. I try a few times in a row with the same pirates, never gives me an option to cancel it. I don't know if they are canceling it right after agreeing with it, or it is just bugged.
The pirates that show I have a protection agreement with, may be ones I had one in the past. My empire report shows zero money being paid to pirate protection too.
Speeder

RE: Pirate Protection

Post by Speeder »

This is a bug, I already reported it, and someone else, I think you are the third person to mention it.

What happen is that sometimes pirates create agreements with you (Even if they never asked) and they are broken and cannot be cancelled...

On my case, when this happened, the pirate started to call me every month to tell me he cancelled the agreement... That got old fast.
invaderzim

Post by invaderzim »

It gets even better, sometimes they engage in reverse piracy. That's right, they threaten to attack unless you accept their money. :)

It was early game so apparently they didn't have enough ships or something so their fee went too low (I started the game using the quick start option and the early empire).

They had 10 ships and 116 firepower, so that might be the reason. I have a save point here if uploading it would help.

Attachments
BUGtheypayus.jpg
BUGtheypayus.jpg (342.09 KiB) Viewed 104 times
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for this report. This is fixed in the 1.9.0.6 update, which should be available tomorrow.

Elliot

Return to “Tech Support”