Intelligence Agent Success..

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

spaceghost

Intelligence Agent Success..

Post by spaceghost »

Has anybody ever had success with stealing technologies? I am playing as humans and even though my spies success rate is at 85 percent when it gives me the probability of success. My agents always get captured. I have success when bombing mining stations and other covert ops missions. But never have I been able to steal techs. Specifically the techs that are race specific, it allows me to attempt to steal them, but never seems to work. Just curious if anybody out there has had success.
Magnatude

RE: Intelligence Agent Success..

Post by Magnatude »

I can say yes I have...
As human pirates I've had quite a few successes and a few failures... I assume it depends on who you are stealing from. I've usually had the 85% target, I'd say a good 60-70% succeeded.
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

Plenty of success stealing technologies... how many times did you try? Sounds just like a string of bad luck.
DeadlyShoe

Post by DeadlyShoe »

It depends on the enemy and the agent. I had one agent with good +espionage and +concealment who had 88% chance to steal techs from an advanced enemy @ 3 months, and 94% @ 1 year. I stole something like 12 techs, 2-3 missions each.
spaceghost

Post by spaceghost »

Thanks for the replies. I finally succeeded in stealing tech. I swear it took like 12 tries. Must have been a bad streak. This is the first time I manually took control of the espionage missions after letting the a.i. control it for the past year that I have owned the distant world series. Since picking up the shadows expansion, I decided to control it myself, and it just seemed like it would never work for me, beginners bad luck I guess. [:'(]
AminMaalouf

Post by AminMaalouf »

You need to train first your spies with easier missions like stealing maps for then they their hidden traits start to show up. The good with losing spys is that you will get replacements and chances are that they have better starting traits.
spaceghost

Post by spaceghost »

Thanks for the tip Amin, I will use your advice. [8D]
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Surprised to see this post, I seem to succeed almost all the time, in fact I was beginning to wonder if Success at espionage wasnt too extreme and should maybe be toned down. Maybe I've just been lucky.
Larsenex

Post by Larsenex »

I can also verify that Agents will steal technology. They will steal a portion of it, meaning that with a success you will see the research bar of that tech filled somewhat. It may take many successful missions before you actually complete the tech bar and get the tech you are desiring.
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
FerretStyle

Post by FerretStyle »

I have an agent currently with around 200 successful stealing missions (80% Espionage and Concealment stats)

Another 50% Sabotage / PsyOps one but those are much harder to raise it seems, and take longer.

Intelligence seems to succeed more often than it fails. Make sure to abuse pirates early in the game to train up your agents and dispose of ones that are likely to be captured.
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

I have not bad much luck at stealing tech. My agents are almost always captured and killed...as it should be I suppose.
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

My luck is mixed. Sometimes I can steal technology, sometimes my agent gets caught. No real pattern - and the success rate that stated doesn't seem to bear any relationship to the result.

Although capturing pirate operation maps seems easier - and sure helps in taking them out.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”