Updated ATG v2.15i Public Beta Avaliable

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Gerry Edwards

Updated ATG v2.15i Public Beta Avaliable

Post by Gerry Edwards »

Hello All,

There is a new Beta in the Members Club. Please check it over, and give us your feedback on it.

This version, 2.15i, addresses many of the issues raised since the initial beta.

v2.15 Beta - June 3, 2013
    Fixes[/b] [ul]
  • Added code to prevent the freak memory bug with the new windows 7 KB 2670838 update, also improved games memory consumption.
  • Fixed some rare ai bug
  • Fixed some issues with intelligence card and made training card now able to select any HQ in chain under command of officer in question.
  • "If you dont have the PP for HQ+officer you cannot make HQ without officer even if you have the PP" issue solved
  • Officer pool inspect officer details makes viewing map officers impossible" issue fixed.
  • "English officer low staff points issue fixed
  • Added new variant for random games: cheap research
  • Issue with AI stockpiling to much troops fixed
  • Issue with extreme ammount of troops in battles fixed (>4000 individuals)
  • AI transfer algorithm improved
  • AI Supply and Staff production algorithm improved
  • AI Naval production much improved
  • AI Naval use much improved
  • AI some HQ chains transfer algorithms improved
  • Added some checks and execs
[/ul]

Cheers,
Jander
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Jafele

RE: New ATG v2.15 Public Beta Avaliable

Post by Jafele »

AI ships are less aggresive now, for the first time a few enemy warships attacked one of my ports (this time ignored my capitol!). I attacked some cargoships located in one of its cities with 10 cruisers and noticed I lost 2 of them due to artillery counteratacks (there was heavy and light artillery inside), that´s something logical. I know Its planes will always attack any of my ships so all of them were destroyed by my cruisers [:D]

Perhaps this is the time to let AI artillery attack ships (with a reduced accuracy) and keep planes attacking when loads of enemy cruisers are on sight, without any doubt AI will be more challenging.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Has anyone seen evidence that the AI is building aircraft in this public beta (2.15e)? I'm hesitant to update my NATO Counters Mod until I know this issue has been fixed. In one test game I'm playing with 2.15e I've yet to see any AI aircraft.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Has anyone seen evidence that the AI is building aircraft in this public beta (2.15e)? I'm hesitant to update my NATO Counters Mod until I know this issue has been fixed. In one test game I'm playing with 2.15e I've yet to see any AI aircraft.

The AI airbuilding capacity is real but limited: once you destroy its planes the computer needs several turns to recover them. So I don´t have the old feeling of cheating. Any vessel moving around 10 hexes from its airbases is automatically attacked.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Updated the NATO Counters Mod to support 2.15e.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Veni

Post by Veni »

Quick ?:

What specifically are the added checks & execs added with this Beta?

Thanks!
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Veni,

There's a new check/exe for HQ/unit supply requirements and one to determine if an officer is currently in the 'pool'.

Cheers,

Lancer
Veni

Post by Veni »

Thanks, Lancer! [:)]
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Since the last time I played a single player game (100% land), I must say the AI is much stronger and smart than before. The AI persist in an aggressive attitude after 30 turns of gameplay [X(], making it difficult to counterattack. Furthermore I haven´t noticed any sign of cheating or strange things.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Matrix Games has updated the beta to 2.15i. You can find it in the Members Area.

(obsolete) Vic has published an interim update here (2.15i).
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”