Arm and mech corps for the soviets.

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Lictuel

Arm and mech corps for the soviets.

Post by Lictuel »

Hello guys, I'm still kind of new here doing my first pbem and we are in June 42. I began to wonder, what role do the mechanized corps fulfill, are they needed or can I just stick with inf + cav + arm ?
If they are worthwhile (which I guess they are) how do you organize them? Stick them into tank armies?

Thanks in advance.
morvael

RE: Arm and mech corps for the soviets.

Post by morvael »

Of the 50MP units, they are the strongest. They are real equivalent of German panzer divisions. They need so many trucks though that you can't build too many. Russians fielded 9 I think. I stick one with 2 tank corps per tank army, to give it extra punch. My best ones reach 17CV now (with attached units) and this will grow, perhaps over 20, while at the same time best tank corps are around 10-12 (I expect they will grow to 15).
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Thanks for the advice, what do you fill the last 3(?) CP of your tank armies with? Regular inf, art , or just spare CP?
morvael

Post by morvael »

For now it's just spare CP. I considered adding mech brigades to get strong units that easily activate from reserves (to help in attacks), but I don't have resources for that now. Cheaper option would be to use tank brigades, of these I still have many, or some fancy SU brigades that come later.
Lictuel

Post by Lictuel »

Is the chance to activate on attack even realistic for the soviets? I was always under the impression that soviets don't get a meaningful amount of activations.

Return to “The War Room”