Love DW diplomacy, except value of bases and planets

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Speeder

Love DW diplomacy, except value of bases and planets

Post by Speeder »

First, I would love if it was possible to buy arbitrary planets (not only the "disputed" ones, that do not always signal as disputed anyway), even if pay trough your nose.

Or to SELL planets.

Currently the game has mechanics of territorial dispute, but very weak on how to fix it beside war :( Sometimes I have a system in the middle of a ally territory and get a -20 diplomacy with them, and the system is useless, I would LOVE to sell to them.

But what is really, really, really broken is the value of planets and bases... It makes them or too useless (ie: you want a enemy base, but he wants 30 billion for it...) or too useful (for some weird reason, one AI decided he wanted a resort base near a blackhole, and gave me everything he had for it O.o, including declaring war on someone else)

Also, can someone explain me what make the AI want a base really badly? The mentioned base, got destroyed in a war, and I rebuilt it, and again almost every single empire wanted to buy it when they could, and every time I went to war, enemies targeted the base instead of planets...

I am saying this, because sometimes I wish I could end a war for example by asking the AI to give me some of their stuff, or offering some of my stuff, but with them valued in the millions or billions it is silly.

Also the "negotiate" to end this war, should reflect when the AI is losing too (for example I saw AI with 300 firepower and 1 planet, while I had 70 planets and 300k firepower, and the AI still wanted to charge me 2 million to end the war... this is VERY silly, I just made them subjugated instead, but I do not enjoy doing that)

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”