Mortar direct fire?

Trade tips and tricks, workarounds maps, and graphics mods. Why certain scenarios or campaigns are favorites, or how to improve stinkers. Attach your work to share/critique.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Ken Estes

Mortar direct fire?

Post by Ken Estes »

For the record, hoping that there is some day a new edition or version of SPWaW, I post my dislike of mortar direct fire, which has been used by AI at infantry, trucks, armored cars and even light tanks to exaggerated effect. Especially the 90-120mm mortars are used to KO light tanks and armored vehicles, as if they are 88mm AA guns. Likely this is because the mortars are handled as arty and have this DF possibility. I say nay. It is neither realistic nor technically feasible.
Entropy13

RE: Mortar direct fire?

Post by Entropy13 »

I agree. But the most unrealistic thing in the game to me is that even though some infantry is about to be overrun by tanks 50 meters away, or anything else going on nearby, when an opponent fires 1000 meters away, EVERY unit in range turns and fires back. The first infantry unit to fire gets its butt kicked before any of your other units can respond. I can't imagine ignoring a Tiger to shoot at someone so far away that I can't even see their faces.
omegaall

RE: Mortar direct fire?

Post by omegaall »

ORIGINAL: Entropy13

I agree. But the most unrealistic thing in the game to me is that even though some infantry is about to be overrun by tanks 50 meters away, or anything else going on nearby, when an opponent fires 1000 meters away, EVERY unit in range turns and fires back. The first infantry unit to fire gets its butt kicked before any of your other units can respond. I can't imagine ignoring a Tiger to shoot at someone so far away that I can't even see their faces.

Its a low end combat sim game for gamers so it has limitations.
I doubt winSPWW2 or WinMBT are much better.

Pardon my lack of sympathy here.

Return to “SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns”