How is this possible?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Osito

How is this possible?

Post by Osito »

Start of ground combat:

Me:
Human
+25% Armoured
+25% special forces
+25% Space Control
1250k troops

Them:
Wekkarus
+10% troop generals
+10% planet type
+250k troops

End of ground combat:

Me: 0 troops (totally owned!)

Them: 250k troops

I couldn't get their troop numbers below about 220k, and whenever it reached about 220k it just increased back up to 250k.

NB I controlled space, and no one was landing additional troops.

What gives?
Osito
Raap

RE: How is this possible?

Post by Raap »

Eh, I've no idea how you managed to lose the battle, but I have seen that planets( well, defenders) will get reinforcements out of thin air at regular intervals in combat. Possibly from the population.
Mad Igor

Post by Mad Igor »

cloning ?
plus you should read Shadows features... there are 3 stages in planet sieges.
3rd stage is ground stage,and if on 2 stages you lost almost all troops,then on final stage i.e ground combat your backdoor cherry will be popped.
Osito

Post by Osito »

ORIGINAL: Mad Igor

cloning ?
plus you should read Shadows features... there are 3 stages in planet sieges.
3rd stage is ground stage,and if on 2 stages you lost almost all troops,then on final stage i.e ground combat your backdoor cherry will be popped.

I don't know whether I know what you mean by three stages in planet sieges, but my troops were on the ground with a 5:1 advantage in numbers. Also, they were at 100% combat readiness. And finally, I did kill plenty of them, the problem was their numbers just wouldn't go below about 220k. As soon as they hit 220k, they went right back up to 250k. It's quite bizarre, and I don't know what ability or tech it is that allows you to do that (but I want it).
Osito
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Osito

Start of ground combat:

Me:
Human
+25% Armoured
+25% special forces
+25% Space Control
1250k troops

Them:
Wekkarus
+10% troop generals
+10% planet type
+250k troops

End of ground combat:

Me: 0 troops (totally owned!)

Them: 250k troops

I couldn't get their troop numbers below about 220k, and whenever it reached about 220k it just increased back up to 250k.

NB I controlled space, and no one was landing additional troops.

What gives?

That seems very odd - were they recruiting more troops as the battle went on? Would really need to see a save file for this, do you have one that you could upload or recreate the battle from an earlier save and upload that for us as the battle starts?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Osito

Post by Osito »

Hi Erik,

I'm not in the habit of saving, but it just so happens there's an autosave immediately before the assault. I just replayed it and pretty much the same thing happened. In fact, their forces did go as low as about 190k, but by the end of the battle they were over 300k, more than they started with!

I'm not saying this is a bug, I'd just really like to understand it, so I don't make the same mistake again.

I'll upload a save game over the weekend. In the save game all the troops have been ordered to land at the planet. You'll see it starts at at 257k v 616k, but my forces will quickly increase to over 1200k. If you then let it play out you'll see my forces slowly get reduced to zero.

Incidentally, in testing this I noticed a very minor bug, which I'll report over on the tech forum.

Thanks,

Osito
Osito
Osito

Post by Osito »

File now uploaded as "Understanding why I'm losing planet combat".
Osito
Speeder

Post by Speeder »

I've saw this too, and thought it was working as intended, and just created capships with 4000 of troop capacity and made a fleet made only of them, and ended landing 10 million strong troops on enemy planets...

But I guess that when you cannot do that, this might be very broken...

(by the way, 10 million strong, because I DID lost a battle of 2 million against 300k O.o)
Raap

Post by Raap »

There was that cloning bug... Cloned soldiers would become exponentially better with each one recruited. Perhaps that's what was defending?

Return to “Tech Support”