Troop Pictures in Shadows

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

vonHart

Troop Pictures in Shadows

Post by vonHart »

Hey all,

I love the new ground resolution screen but stumbled about an annoying problem. I've played legends with evildoer's troop icon mod, which replaces the generic tank image with very cool artwork. Unfortunately I forgot to reset this mod before installing shadows. Now, the standard troop image (e.g. Troop_0.png in the images/units/troops/ folder) is still evildoer's artwork and not an infantry troop icon from shadows, which looks very funny in ground combat.

I want to use the shadows troop icons without re installing everything. My actual solution is to use the pirate raider icons for the standard troop image but i would prefer to use the intended ones. Could anyone support me with a source of those pictures or propose another solution?

Thank you

Darkspire

RE: Troop Pictures in Shadows

Post by Darkspire »

You could try downloading Haree78's Extended theme, I think they are all in there.

Darkspire
Sirian

Post by Sirian »

I had a similar problem with my own mod when I forgot that my troop icons were located in the Customization folder, not the global /images folder where all game graphics reside. Maybe you want to check those folders on your system, too.
vonHart

Post by vonHart »

@ darkspire: good idea. I checked but unfortunately only the new-race images are included.
@ sirian: I have only the ship images in my customization folder, thanks anyway.

I solved the problem by deleting the wrong troop images in my global/images folder and re-installing shadows.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Return to “Design and Modding”