wait, what? (manufactorys)

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

adecoy95

wait, what? (manufactorys)

Post by adecoy95 »

so just out of curiosity i am browsing through the different items trying to make unusual ships and bases for this game, and i noticed it recommends in the description to have one manufactory of each type for each construction yard, however, all the default construction yards only have one of each for every 3 (!) construction yards.

am i missing something?
TanC

RE: wait, what? (manufactorys)

Post by TanC »

I think what they were referring to are Plants. There's 3 types of plants available to you - High Tech, Weapon and Energy. You will need all three plants for your construction yard to work out of the box. [;)]
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

ORIGINAL: TanC

I think what they were referring to are Plants. There's 3 types of plants available to you - High Tech, Weapon and Energy. You will need all three plants for your construction yard to work out of the box. [;)]

well yea, i know thats the minimum you need, but the automated space port designs has always had it were its one of each for every 3 construction yards, but the description says you need way, way more

im just trying to figure out which one is correct
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Forum testing by feelo has indicated that 1 plant (of each) for every 10 yards should be enough. If the 'pedia says what you write, it is not exactly helpful.
Raap

Post by Raap »

I'm not entirely sure of how it all fits together. Their purposes are obvious; Weapon plants construct weapons, energy plants constructs shields and engines, etc. But while it's clear they determine the speed at which components are created, the shipyard itself has its own construction rate. And I don't see any real correlation between them; plants have a capacity of 30K+, construction yards have a construciton speed of 200+.

I've no idea what the optimal combination is. Though obviously your designs also factor into this; if you've tons of weapons on your ships, they'll benefit from more weapon plants. At any rate, I tend to do one plant of each for every 5 construction yards. It's probably far from optimal, but ship building is so quick in this game(except on planets) anyway.
TanC

Post by TanC »

Oops. Sorry for the misunderstanding! Well, I've used 1 of each plants per 10 construction yards as indicated by Bingeling (and Feelo) and it has worked pretty well for me. No delays in construction. However if you're wondering if that is the optimal ratio I wouldn't know...
solops

Post by solops »

I'd like to know what the official answer is.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
adecoy95

Post by adecoy95 »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Forum testing by feelo has indicated that 1 plant (of each) for every 10 yards should be enough. If the 'pedia says what you write, it is not exactly helpful.

yea that would be a pretty expensive difference

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”