Flags in Shadows - Need some help.

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Mansen

Flags in Shadows - Need some help.

Post by Mansen »

With Shadows already using up the 40 allotted flag slots (according to the Legends modding guide) I am wondering if the roof was raised a bit for Shadows - does anyone have any success with adding more?

I read in another flag related thread that you no longer need to work with the clipart format, .wmf - is there any truth to this? I've tried adding some new flags (41 onward) in PNG but it causes the game to crash on theme load. [:(]

Edit: More trial and error and it turns out you need all of the vanilla flags copied into a theme to work together with new ones - and more than 40 are allowed (not sure what the limit is now though)
Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)
Bingeling

RE: Flags in Shadows - Need some help.

Post by Bingeling »

Why think that what is written in the Legends modding guide is still true? Wait for the Shadows one, hopefully it is not too far off.
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Why think that what is written in the Legends modding guide is still true? Wait for the Shadows one, hopefully it is not too far off.

I didn't - which is why I'm asking if anyone had tested the boundaries with Shadows yet. [:)]
Currently Working On:
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

You can't add more than are already there.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

My game seems to disagree - We managed to get at least 9 new flags in there just fine alongside the original shadows (plus pirates) in a theme, without the game complaining. :)
Currently Working On:
shinobu

Post by shinobu »

I added a 41st flag and everything seems to be OK. (added directly to the game folder, not a mod/theme)
historyis

Post by historyis »

Did anyone here reach the limit?
Fenrisfil

Post by Fenrisfil »

You can now add more flags (to both the normal and pirate folders). Not sure if there is a new limit. I'm also not sure you can set a default flag of a number higher than the default number of flags.
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, 64bit Windows 7, Radeon HD6900.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Matys just released another flagshape pack. You can read his post for full details, but the limit seems to be extremely high. Also coloured flags are now possible.
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

I only speak for myself but i've always been satisfied with the flags already in the game.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

I'm assuming the limit for flags is the same as the limit to number of races? 50?
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

I made a full kit of flags last night but didn't add any extras to the standard pack. I don't actually think there is a limit. I added extra flags to the pirates and the game seemed to accept them without a problem.

The only limitations I can see is that if you place 1 flag you need to place all the flags. As a test I renamed the files in the Pirates and these replaced all of the older flags.

And yes, PNGs are the way to go. :)
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

So, you just revived a year old thread to ask a question that differs from the OP. /applause
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

So, you just revived a year old thread to ask a question that differs from the OP. /applause

Why don't you read the posts in the thread that discuss flag limits and mind your own damn business or create useful posts. /applause
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Why don't you read the posts in the thread that discuss flag limits and mind your own damn business or create useful posts. /applause

PLEASE guys! Can we all just remain civil and quash this type of
conversation?

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “Design and Modding”