Any News???

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
CSSS

Any News???

Post by CSSS »

If this is a Q1 game for 2013, there is certainly a dearth of news?
Xerkis

RE: Any News???

Post by Xerkis »

Check this link below. Q1-2013 is "We are aiming at going into Beta Q1 2013 at the moment"
So no realease for sure.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=36828
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Update on this.

Just noticed today that the website now shows "Q2-2013" for release.
But no word that this is in Beta as of yet - knowing how long other Lordz games have been in Beta, that seems unlikely to me. But then, this has been in Alpha for a very long time now - so maybe the Beta will go much faster.

. . . . . At least we can hope.
[:)]
noname

Post by noname »

I have not had anything yet to say about this game but I am eagerly awaiting its' release. I hope you are right about the quick Beta, the game certainly sounds good and right up my alley. I thought it about time to put in my two cents and go on record as definitely interested.
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Latest on the web page "Coming Q3 2013"
Breca

Post by Breca »

Hello all,

There has been a hush of anticipation over Sovereignty for a long time. Early press peaks were very positive and gave us an opportunity to assess how the game was developing. Since then, we have made great progress and have somehow managed to keep a lid on things all this time. The temptation to show has been great, but we weren't quite ready. The game has grown...

The time for beta is approaching. Lordzimoa, in conjunction with Matrix, will determine the specific date, but we are rounding the corner. A Sovereignty website will follow with screenshots and the juicy details.

Until then, the watchword is...
"Shhh"
;)

Good Hunting!

Breca
Breca

Post by Breca »

Sammual

Post by Sammual »

ORIGINAL: Breca

Can we get a screen shot test now?
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Hi guys,

Just a little heads-up, we evaluated Sovereignty last week if we could go into Beta and we decided we still wanted to improve a few points before the game is ready for a first Beta group, so this will take a few more weeks. But definitely Beta is coming closer each week...

Once we announce the opening of the Beta registration, the real Beta should follow a few weeks later, around that time we will also show a bit more about the game, screenshots, boxart, we are working on a website with some more info...
Sammual

Post by Sammual »

Foreword progress is a good thing, a more stable game is an even better thing.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

A small update, the guys are working on finetuning the ingame tutorial, once we get this in, we do another pass with Slitherine if the game is ready enough to enter into a first Beta round.
heckler

Post by heckler »

I'm 99% to buy this thing, should it come out [;)]
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

We are still implementing the ingame tutorial and we have decided we need to do some more evaluating together on the UI, it still misses something...

So until everybody is happy we keep on working, it has no use to start Beta until at least we ourselves are convinced this is the best we can do. Sorry guys.
Fetrik

Post by Fetrik »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa
So until everybody is happy we keep on working, it has no use to start Beta until at least we ourselves are convinced this is the best we can do. Sorry guys.

[&o]

Wish it was like that for all devs.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Working on redoing the whole main User Interface layout... was just not working as we hoped, so back to the drawing boards. hence the reason why we postponed Beta... I try and keep you informed on progress.

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”