Text going off the bottom of the selection box

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Scrove

Text going off the bottom of the selection box

Post by Scrove »

When you select a unit, say a ship/starbase and it has extra features, starfighters and such, sometimes text gets shoved out the bottom of the box you can view things in and as far as I know you can't scroll it to look at what is being cut off. Is there anyway to scroll it or resize it? As you can see my resupply ship has enough information that it does that.

Attachments
20130529_071749.jpg
20130529_071749.jpg (821.03 KiB) Viewed 147 times
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I’ll kill you all.
henri51

RE: Text going off the bottom of the selection box

Post by henri51 »

Just click on the envelope on the right and you will see all of your messages including the last ones.

Henri
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

It sometimes does not rescale.Post this in tech.
Scrove

Post by Scrove »

ORIGINAL: henri51

Just click on the envelope on the right and you will see all of your messages including the last ones.

Henri

Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, thanks for the effort though.

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

It sometimes does not rescale.Post this in tech.

Right oh.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I’ll kill you all.
Cjuero2011

Post by Cjuero2011 »

ORIGINAL: henri51

Henri
He is talking about the ship information box on the lower left hand corner. Too many special modules (boarding, etc) can cause the text to sometimes be graphically truncated.
Look to the stars... maybe we can conquer them too?
BigWolfChris

Post by BigWolfChris »

Quite a few windows has this issue tbf, I think some of the windows themselves needs increasing in size to allow space for this new information that is in the game
And on other windows the text needs to be wrapped (ones where text goes off to the side)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive
Neman

Post by Neman »

In the few cases that this has happened to me I use the expand button to see the details (the two red arrows on the top right corner.)

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”