Star Wars - Alderaan (2 years before the Battle of Yavin)- Shadows Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

rjord

RE: Star Wars Mod - The Alderaan Version

Post by rjord »

Now working on transferring the mod to Shadows..........

There is no modding guide for Shadows yet .......being released next week.....

I started converting my mod over to Shadows but I was missing something as it was not converted properly. Probably need the guide to do it.

However, I have managed to create a mod for shadows by copying the folders and files across to the custom folder.....so this afternoon I will step by step replace the files in the shadows mod with the files from the Legends mod.

By the end of the day I will hopefully have Star Wars : Aldraan working in Shadows..... or at least have an idea what steps I need to look further into

Step 1 : Empire Strikes Back music added

Roy
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We'll get that modding guide out ASAP.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
rjord

Post by rjord »

Hi Erik

No rush.... whenever it is ready

Roy
rjord

Post by rjord »

Star Wars : Alderaan mod is now on Age of Shadows.

But there is still work to be done.......

Attachments
Shadows.jpg
Shadows.jpg (341.36 KiB) Viewed 351 times
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

Rjord

I have a nice collection of character mages I wanted to use to update lordxorns star wars version.
My great problem is time ... And where is Lordxorn ???

I was wondering if I can lend you a hand with the art ?

Example :

rjord

Post by rjord »

2guncohen

Thanks for the offer...... I have created a lot of characters for the mod so far but may have missed some..... maybe you can email me (address in my profile) what you have and I can see if there are any characters I may have missed

Roy
rjord

Post by rjord »

The mod is coming along nicely and works pretty well under Age of Shadows. There were a few changes I needed to make with graphics with some of the characters but overall this was pretty much cosmetic changes only.

When I started converting the mod over to Shadows, I did have some issues . This was my fault as I was trying to do a quick conversion to get my mod over to Shadows ASAP. Big mistake. By doing a quick convert attempt, something went wrong and I could not play my mod under shadows without errors. Spent a few days trying to work out where one of the issues was in the bias file.

The trick is to convert a step at a time. I soon discovered where I was going wrong and am developing and testing the mod directly using Age of Shadows.

Still a fair bit of work to do and have allocated several hours a day on developing this mod. Of course there are also several hours a day playing this mod.

Roy
rjord

Post by rjord »

A quote by Admiral Motti:

"Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained.
This station is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it!"

This is work in progress as I need to modify the image to reflect its stage of construction as it would have appeared 2 years prior to the Battle of Yavin

.......plus give this station more firepower etc.

Roy

Attachments
deathstar.jpg
deathstar.jpg (374.55 KiB) Viewed 353 times
threedeesix

Post by threedeesix »

ORIGINAL: rjord

This is work in progress as I need to modify the image to reflect its stage of construction as it would have appeared 2 years prior to the Battle of Yavin

Roy

The other option is to use the image of the Death Star as it appeared in ANH, but have it require about 2 years to acquire the ability to build one. That way it remains canon.

Rod
rjord

Post by rjord »

ORIGINAL: threedeesix

ORIGINAL: rjord

Roy

The other option is to use the image of the Death Star as it appeared in ANH, but have it require about 2 years to acquire the ability to build one. That way it remains canon.

Rod

That is probably the way to do it. Will have to look up how I do this and keep in mind that part of the Death Star was already under construction at the end of Episode III and took forever to build

Roy
rjord

Post by rjord »

I have replaced the resources for the Star Wars mod so that metals,ores, consumables and luxary items are actually from the Star Wars world.

I still need to change the resource graphics to the new items and will do that in next few days.

Some of these items may be changed before the mod is released.

And yes Gold is one of the resources and you will see resources such as Tibanna, Bacta, Membrosia and carbonite.

Roy

Attachments
ImperialResources.jpg
ImperialResources.jpg (290.82 KiB) Viewed 354 times
rjord

Post by rjord »

If you choose to play the Empire in Star Wars : Alderaan, you need to always keep on the good side of Emperor Palpatine..... if he does indeed have a good side.

So we all know that Palpatine is building his Death Star so he can further his absolute control over the entire galaxy. Unfortunately supplies of Phobium are low
and he asks you to increase supplies of Phobium so that construction on the Death star can continue.

You have no idea what Phobium is or where to get it. What do you do?

Well first you go to the Galactopedia as shown below and look up Phobium in the Resources list of items listed on the right of the picture.

Attachments
Resources01.jpg
Resources01.jpg (287.06 KiB) Viewed 354 times
rjord

Post by rjord »

Once you find it, click on Phobium and it will take you to the archive screen which will tell you what Phobium is and where it can be found.

As you can see below, Phobium is usually found on volcanic worlds. So get those explorer ships out there and start mining for Phobium quickly.

Roy

Attachments
Resources 02.jpg
Resources 02.jpg (232.21 KiB) Viewed 354 times
rjord

Post by rjord »

Last one for the day......

In the game I just played Nerf Hide turned out to be more valuable than Bantha hide.......

We all know that Leia Organa referred to Han Solo as a scruffy nerf-herder but where exactly
apart from Alderaan would you find a herd of nerfs

Took me a while to put this picture together for the mod.

Roy

Attachments
Resources 03.jpg
Resources 03.jpg (222.56 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Igard

Post by Igard »

Really nice work on the galactopedia images and all the resources.[:)]

Shaping up quite nicely. Although those Super Star Destroyers are looking a bit small.
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

rjord [:D] its nice to see someone taking over the star wars universe and to kick ass in Distant worlds !!! [&o]
rjord

Post by rjord »

ORIGINAL: Igard

Really nice work on the galactopedia images and all the resources.[:)]

Shaping up quite nicely. Although those Super Star Destroyers are looking a bit small.

The sizes of all the ships will be fixed in next couple of weeks.

Roy
rjord

Post by rjord »

9 Screens for the Imperial Databank Resources are complete...... 33 left to go

Some of these screens will need to be resized when I have them all done

Roy

Attachments
Resources 04.jpg
Resources 04.jpg (238.81 KiB) Viewed 354 times
threedeesix

Post by threedeesix »

Impressive, most impressive.

[:)]
rjord

Post by rjord »

It has been slow progress going through the resources screen ....but hopefully things will speed up in the next few hours when I don't need to create new pictures for the resources
screen. .

As an example, for GOLD I needed to create a picture showing that gold can be found on asteroids and barren rock worlds. ( not going to add a Continental world or the picture
would be too busy) Since we are talking asteroids the addition of the Millennium Falcon was mandatory in homage to the Empire Strikes Back.

The hard and timely part was to have the light from the star shining on the same side for the Falcon, the barren world and the asteroids. Not as easy as it looks.

And of course, I create the picture, add the text and save the file and then I see a silly typo and have to redo part of it. Happens too often.

Roy

Attachments
Resources 05.jpg
Resources 05.jpg (239.65 KiB) Viewed 354 times

Return to “Design and Modding”