Capturing Planets design flaw

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

YourConscience

Capturing Planets design flaw

Post by YourConscience »

I just discovered, that when playing as a pirate faction and having conquered my first planet, capturing other planets throughout the galaxy is too easy:

I load up a troop ship with 3 troops and send it to attack some enemy colony with, say, 15 troops. After my three troops land, I order my fleet of 40 ships with 2 assault pods each to "raid" the planet. All their 80 raid troops land and suddenly the enemy 15 troops are facing "overwhelming odds" and lose very quickly against my 3 troops and the 80 raiding troops. That way I can quickly waltz through the whole universe and capture all lightly defended colonies just using the same fleet and the same three troops all over again.

The only reason this is not an auto-win is because of the already reported tax-bug which prevents any pirate-captured colonies from being taxed, hence the more colonies I have, the deeper my economy falls into the deep red sequester hell.
ASHBERY76

RE: Capturing Planets design flaw

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Yes there needs to be a rule change.No combined raid and invasions.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for that report - we'll be changing how this works in the next update, along with fixes for the pirate colony income.

Thanks
Elliot
YourConscience

Post by YourConscience »

Another problem related to this: on a planet where I had a hiddeen pirate base the colony started attacking the base. So it was like my 4 troopers against them 8 or so. So I thought okay, let's land some raiders to support my troops. Guess what, they were added to the attackers forces! So my hidden base was very quickly eliminated...

Return to “Tech Support”