Starting in Alien Systems

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

shinobu

Starting in Alien Systems

Post by shinobu »

Just wondering if it was my incredible bad luck or whether anyone else was seeing this: since applying patch 1.9.0.1, nearly every game I try to start, my human civilization gets placed in an alien star system at startup: Secura, Mortalu, Naxxil, Atuuk, etc.- which means I also have a population of that race on my homework as well. I tried this about 40 times, and out of that about 30-35 times I was placed in an "alien" system with a split population on my planet. (And you can't edit out the aliens on your homeworld- the lowest it will allow you to reduce them to is 1 million.)

Should be an option for "only my race on my homeworld" in the game start up menus...
Erik Rutins

RE: Starting in Alien Systems

Post by Erik Rutins »

That's rare in my experience, but you may have found a combination of settings that makes it more likely. If you share your galaxy settings we can give them a try.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Scrove

Post by Scrove »

While I don't have any population on my home world, I did start in the same system as another empire.. This did not go well for either of us xD.
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I’ll kill you all.
shinobu

Post by shinobu »

ORIGINAL: Scrove

While I don't have any population on my home world, I did start in the same system as another empire.. This did not go well for either of us xD.

I hate when that happens too. With what's happening to me, I'm not sharing a system with another civilization, just that I'm in the system they would ordinarily call their "point of origin". Because of that, I'm getting some of that species on my homeworld. For instance, I'm in the Securan star system (with a minority of my population Securan), but the Securan empire starts in another system (usually nearby)...
shinobu

Post by shinobu »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

That's rare in my experience, but you may have found a combination of settings that makes it more likely. If you share your galaxy settings we can give them a try.

Thanks Erik. Did a little experimenting. I was playing irregular galaxy with planet placement in the center. When I changed the planet placement setting to "random", I started getting the more random, "normal" results, with most game start situations having only humans on my homeworld.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”