GxHab Hard crash

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Athenian

GxHab Hard crash

Post by Athenian »

I'm getting this crash consistently in my game. It started popping up occasionally a few hours ago, but reloading a save was able to avoid getting it.

It's popping up at the same point right now, can't reload and bypass it.

I'm playing a modded/customized theme game, but I am a good 9-10 hours into it.

Here is the crash dump:

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.0.1

1:27:31 PM Sunday, May 26, 2013

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.InvestigateRuins(Empire investigatingEmpire, Habitat ruinsHabitat)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.CheckForShipsDiscoveringRuins()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.DoTasks(DateTime time)
at DistantWorlds.Main.rgV819SVjD(DateTime , Int64 , BuiltObjectList , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

--- COMPLETE ---
Erik Rutins

RE: GxHab Hard crash

Post by Erik Rutins »

Are you using a mod that is readily available or one of your own making? Do get this crash at all in a non-modded game? Could you upload a save file and the mod for us so that we can try to duplicate the crash?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Athenian

Post by Athenian »

Its one of my own making. I basically just customized the Human races files, the character file for them, and added in custom shipset and custom character image for said humans. And some MP3 files for music. Its nothing fancy or crazy.

I'll upload both the custom theme and the savefile with crash dump to the FTP site that is sticky at the top of this thread.
Athenian

Post by Athenian »

And I am getting a permission denied error when I try to move any data into that ftp folder (ftp://beta.matrixgames.com/) Where should I upload the data to?
Raap

Post by Raap »

Are you inputting the correct username and password? It's case-sensitive.
Athenian

Post by Athenian »

I'm sure I am using the password correctly. I can see the contents of that FTP site, just not upload anything to it. Using Filezilla gets my IP banned by their FTP service, since filezilla gleefully keeps trying to upload the data. Here is a sample of what I get in the filezilla log:

Response: 550 Permission denied
Command: CWD /Athenian -5.26.13 -Custom Theme and SaveFile for Crash GxHab/1.9.0.1
Response: 550 Can't change directory to "/Athenian -5.26.13 -Custom Theme and SaveFile for Crash GxHab/1.9.0.1".

I first tried it just using a Windows Explorer address bar. I was able to get connect to the FTP site, just not able to copy anything into it.

Is there a better way to get this savegame information over to the Matrix folks?
Raap

Post by Raap »

Humm, what exactly are you doing when trying to transfer the file? I'm not well versed in Filezilla unfortunately, but it does look like you're trying something you shouldn't need to try. Are you trying to copy over a folder perhaps? It should be a simple matter of moving your save game file over to the root directory on the server where all the other files are.
Athenian

Post by Athenian »

It is a folder actually. Maybe I should zip it first. I have a custom theme, so I was asked to upload that as well.

I tried zipping it, it worked. Thanks for steering me in the right direction man.
Raap

Post by Raap »

You're welcome.

From the log it looks like some ship, somewhere, yours or someone else's, is coming upon some ruins. For some reason, the game can't find either the empire or the ruins being referenced, and thus crashes. If it's your ship, you can probably avoid it if you manage to find the ship and stop it before it finds the ruins. If it's not your ship but someone else's, then there's probably nothing you can do about it.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for the report and savegame.

Fixed in the next update.

Elliot

Return to “Tech Support”