Station Fuel

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Resan

Station Fuel

Post by Resan »

Hi,

Not 100% this is a bug, but feel like it, so posting here.

A construction should bring fuel when is building a new station, shouldn't it?
Might be difficult for it to bring a full tank for every design, but as it stand my mining bases all start without any fuel at all.

Since I don't have solar panels yet, they don't get any power. So are unable to defend them self at all, and I guess, are mining at a slower rate then optimal.

Private sector don't seem to be in a hurry to fill the tanks either. Might it be because I don't have any shields to power up yet, so they don't understand the need?

Made a save in case you want it

Edit: So a independent freighter delivered some fuel to my mining station. It's now burning through it without storing any energy. It just seem to go into a black hole

Edit again: Spoke to soon. After spending about 1/2 fuel on nothing, it's now storing energy. Might the mining engine had a energy deficit that needed to be filled, because of the time running without power?
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary
Raap

RE: Station Fuel

Post by Raap »

Sure it wasn't just recharging the shields? Or maybe it used its mining components until the cargo was full...Those do require power.
Resan

RE: Station Fuel

Post by Resan »

Didn't have shields, and if I understand your second point correctly, I have more then enough power generation to feed all static energy use. Yes the power might have gone to the mining engine when it finally got fuel, and thus not stored any energy. But it used about 100 unit of fuel before any energy got stored. Should be more then enough to start the mining engines.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Return to “Tech Support”