Operations Map need a serious improvement

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Speeder

Operations Map need a serious improvement

Post by Speeder »

Currently "Steal Operations Map" is a nice idea done in a bad manner...

It currently just flashes all enemy stuff on the map for some seconds... That is not much useful, considering the time it takes for your agent to complete the mission.

The current way is enough, IF a modification is done: Have added to the interface a list of enemy ships and fleets, so for example if you know the enemy has some epic relic capships or world destroyers you can find where they are, and go hunt them down (or not... maybe they are assigned to defend the guy homeworld... then you know to not go there for a while :P)
Erik Rutins

RE: Operations Map need a serious improvement

Post by Erik Rutins »

Not likely to happen anytime soon - it is quite useful if you use it to plan your next strikes during a war, once you know where there fleets are and where they are heading. That is it's purpose. If you want a permanent version of it, try Deep Cover.

REgards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It would help a lot if there was an option to pause the game when an operations map is stolen. A special more noisy popup (a pausing one). This is one of the few things in the game that is only temporary info, and it is a bit of an investment to get hold of it.
WiZz

Post by WiZz »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling
It would help a lot if there was an option to pause the game when an operations map is stolen.

It's a very bad idea. More cheating against not genius AI?
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

ORIGINAL: WiZz
ORIGINAL: Bingeling
It would help a lot if there was an option to pause the game when an operations map is stolen.

It's a very bad idea. More cheating against not genius AI?
Why? I can do the same by paying attention, and pausing when it is stolen. Having to stare at the messages is not very fun, though.

It an operations map. In the real world it would last forever, but of course, 10 year old data is not very useful.
Speeder

Post by Speeder »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Not likely to happen anytime soon - it is quite useful if you use it to plan your next strikes during a war, once you know where there fleets are and where they are heading. That is it's purpose. If you want a permanent version of it, try Deep Cover.

REgards,

- Erik

You do not understood me...

I do not want to make it last forever, i nfact I want to do what you sugested exactly, use the operations map to plan my next attacks.

The problem is: there are no list of enemy forces and planets, you have to in a very boring manner pause the game, and go clicking ship by ship and checking if they are your target or something worthy to target...

It is VERY ridiculous to have to do this...

You need a list of stuff revealed with the operations map, so you can take a look at it and for example see there is a relic ship vulnerable, or a troop fleet heading to you...

EDIT: This is not a game rule issue, it is a interface issue.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Stealing an operations map is very useful for finding pirate bases and sending a fleet to deal with them. Check your targets list after a steal ops map mission and start sending out the navy. [;)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Even if the information is 10 years out of date I should still be able to look at it and see What they had, Where they had it, and NOT shred important info as soon as I get it? I can pretty much guarantee that we have kept WW2 information intercepts that are 70 years out of date, DW wipes the archive in a month??

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”