Capture ship commands has issue with trigger happy captains

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Speeder

Capture ship commands has issue with trigger happy captains

Post by Speeder »

I mean, sometimes when I attempt to board someone, I have a issue where some ships just keep shooting even after the enemy is disabled and boarded, and end exploding it with boarding party inside :(
Erik Rutins

RE: Capture ship commands has issue with trigger happy captains

Post by Erik Rutins »

Double-check your capture policy settings.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Also note that you have to reduce the shields to zero before the boarding craft can do their thing.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
peddroelm

Post by peddroelm »

ORIGINAL: Speeder

I mean, sometimes when I attempt to board someone, I have a issue where some ships just keep shooting even after the enemy is disabled and boarded, and end exploding it with boarding party inside :(

I experienced something like this when trying to capture weak ships//bases with too strong a fleets .. What would happen is that all my fleet would fire a volley to "remove the shields for boarding" and that first volley would obliterate the weak capture target many times over ... Next time I will try selecting just a few ships and see what happens ...
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I have also fallen for the trap where the assault pods on the pirate are empty when I try to capture a ship. In that case it gets destroys instead as there is no boarding parties.
Michael
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: peddroelm

ORIGINAL: Speeder

I experienced something like this when trying to capture weak ships//bases with too strong a fleets .. What would happen is that all my fleet would fire a volley to "remove the shields for boarding" and that first volley would obliterate the weak capture target many times over ... Next time I will try selecting just a few ships and see what happens ...

If you want to capture freighters which are very fragile to start with, a single ship or pair of ships is probably sufficient.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”