Pirate Facilities are utterly useless

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Speeder

Pirate Facilities are utterly useless

Post by Speeder »

Well, I already did play a couple of pirate games...

And I noticed that the facilities are VERY useless, they take a very long time to build, are absurdly expensive, and impossible to defend, I lost countless of them...

One time I was thinking I could make it to the Criminal Network, and had built the fortress already on a independant planet, and I've put about 5000 of firepower orbiting the planet (in comparison, the strongest empire in the game beside mine, had 2000 firepower in total...).

Yet somehow someone killed the facility...

Also, many times my fleet decided to enter "dumb mode" and leave the facility-colonies undefended for some weird reason.

I guess the pirate facilities need some severe rebalancing, or made much more cheaper (ie: 2k, 5k, 20k the sequence) or resilient.
Erik Rutins

RE: Pirate Facilities are utterly useless

Post by Erik Rutins »

Three builds before release, we made a tweak to make bases under construction more vulnerable and make bases a bit easier to destroy. We're still investigating, but it appears that this broke a few things and we didn't catch it before release. Expect an update to make pirate bases more resilient.

They are not useless at present - but they are way too fragile, not working fully as designed/intended unfortunately.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Ground troops are what attack the facilities.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Speeder

Post by Speeder »

seemly possible ways to lose facilities:

planet ground troops attack them,
someone colonize the planet
someone invade the planet
someone land a single raider on the planet

since all of those summed can be quite frequent...
adamsolo

Post by adamsolo »

ORIGINAL: Speeder

seemly possible ways to lose facilities:

(...)
someone land a single raider on the planet
(...)
This is the real problem. Single raider destroying years of work and a ton of money, with a huge defense on orbit watching it all happen. Well, Erik said they're working on it.
SpaceSector.com
Your source for Space & Sci-Fi Strategy Games
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

you can destroy your own facilities too I think, immediately after beginning construction of my first pirate base I accidently raided the planet and immediately lost the facility, no one else around to have done it.
Raap

Post by Raap »

Yah, they're glass houses at the moment, though I do think the price is right( if they eventually become durable). There are also some bugs going around, where you can lose the two other facilities while in the process of building the network, and when it's complete you won't get control of the planet. And then there's how large population growth can really prevent you from getting control in the first place, short of bombing it down to a manageable level. In general, the mechanics of this entire area needs a good look at. I'd also say having a Space Port hovering above the planet should be of some assistance to this process, but at the moment it seems having a single ship there is much, much better.
snv

Post by snv »

Yes, sadly that happend several times: i start construction of a base and automated vessels decide to raid and destroy...

Return to “Tech Support”