Settings Annoyances

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Tanaka

Settings Annoyances

Post by Tanaka »

Is there a way to make all empires settings one type without having to click on each individual empire each time? Such as everyone is pre warp, tech levels, and home system levels? It takes forever and each time there is a patch or hotfix I have to go back and do it all over again[&:]
Ranger33

RE: Settings Annoyances

Post by Ranger33 »

If you auto-generate the other empires in a pre-warp game, do they all start as pre-warp as well? I just played my first Shadows game and I lost about 2 hours in (using 4x speed for initial research period) because one of the other races was insanely far ahead of everyone else and got an automatic victory. They had a dozen colonies spread across the map and none of the other races were even close. Not sure if that was some kind of bug/anomaly or messed up settings.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

If you auto-generate the other empires in a pre-warp game, do they all start as pre-warp as well? I just played my first Shadows game and I lost about 2 hours in (using 4x speed for initial research period) because one of the other races was insanely far ahead of everyone else and got an automatic victory. They had a dozen colonies spread across the map and none of the other races were even close. Not sure if that was some kind of bug/anomaly or messed up settings.

The empire and race characteristics are randomly assigned when auto generated. I like for all races to be pre-warp size, pre-warp tech, harsh home system, and random start position.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Which race was that? May it have been some yellow bugs, maybe? :)

They should all be at the expansion set in the first setup screen. You can select a different one for your own. And of course, you can customize opponents, but if you just tick the "let the AI generate..." they will all be the same.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

They should all be at the expansion set in the first setup screen. You can select a different one for your own. And of course, you can customize opponents, but if you just tick the "let the AI generate..." they will all be the same.

The one expansion setting set at the first set up screen on pre-warp will make all races pre-warp size, pre-warp tech, and harsh home system for all races in one click if set to auto generate?
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

As far as I can see, harsh home system can only be achieved if you manually tune the opponent settings.

Apart from that, they start at the level set by expansion in the first screen. Which I assume is both start size, and start tech.
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Yes that's who it was. Do they get some sort of big early game bonus? If so it might be unbalanced for pre-warp start. All the other races were roughly equal with me but they were way, way ahead and they were the first race I encountered, and they hated me. They blockaded half my stuff before I could even really get rolling...

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”