Geography Help

Pride of Nations is a turn-based historical strategy game set in the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control of a country and guides it through industrialization, military conquest, and colonization. This release from AGEOD follows such successful historical strategy games as Birth of America, American Civil War, Napoleon's Campaigns, Rise of Prussia and Wars in America.
wolfclan

Geography Help

Post by wolfclan »

Hopefully, I've just missed something in the tutorial/manual--but is there a shortcut to find place names? For example, I look at the regional census and find a region I want to examine, but there seems to be no shortcut to find it. I happen to be playing Russia and was looking for Bylchov, which doesn't even show up with a google search.
warspite1

RE: Geography Help

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: wolfclan

Hopefully, I've just missed something in the tutorial/manual--but is there a shortcut to find place names? For example, I look at the regional census and find a region I want to examine, but there seems to be no shortcut to find it. I happen to be playing Russia and was looking for Bylchov, which doesn't even show up with a google search.
warspite1

What? Are you serious? You mean to say you don't know where Bylchov is? [;)]

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wolfclan

Post by wolfclan »

I have to admit, even after reading several books of Russian history and some Russian novels, Russian geography is a task. However, after finally locating Bylchov on the map in the game--I dug out my trusty Atlas--a printed NEW YORK TIMES ATLAS OF THE WORLD. I'm probably one of the few that still will refer to a printed atlas. In any case, the atlas has the name as Bykhov. Even if PON had got it right, I would have been scratching my head, but now I feel better about being confused. I had the same problem in WITP, but the shortcut helps in that game have made me spoiled.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

worth noting - if you click on the message in the end of turn log it will take you to the province in question. This applies to all the geographically related messages but unfortunately not to messages about recently discovered techs.
wolfclan

Post by wolfclan »

Thanks. Units can also be found by shortcuts from the forces list, but there are no shortcuts for places, except in the message list. This is my first game and Russia is very large, so it might not be as much of a problem with the other countries, but it is a frustration.

Return to “Pride of Nations”