Smuggel Ships not smuggeling

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

stahlengel

Smuggel Ships not smuggeling

Post by stahlengel »

Hello all,

I started several games now and in all of them my smuggler ships are refusing to perform smuggle missions. The targes are really close by. I have mining capability of the needed ressource but 0 ships are performing the quest. Is there any thing I can do to assigen smuggler ships to a specific mission? Or how can I encourage them?

Thanx for your help.
Scrove

RE: Smuggel Ships not smuggeling

Post by Scrove »

I'm not sure either, I have trouble with getting them to do smuggler missions as well. I tend to have several just sitting around in my home system doing nothing and if I build more they just add to the waiting worthless ships that don't run missions/collect anything from my mining stations. Might be a bug?
I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I’ll kill you all.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Do you have anything for them to smuggle?
stahlengel

Post by stahlengel »

Its a steel contract and i have 2 steal mines running about 1/4 range.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

I haven't seen this problem before, but please feel free to upload a savegame that shows this.

Thanks
Elliot
stahlengel

Post by stahlengel »

Unfortunately I do not have a save game... Starting a new now and save as soon as it happens again.

Thanx
rabek_slith

Post by rabek_slith »

I can confirm the same problem.

My first game my ships smuggled mostly fine.

My second, I started off building a few more ships. Built ships definitely do nothing. Exploration ships I have to disable automation and then re-enable it for them to explore. I suspect whatever causes that causes the smuggling ships to not work, except I can't disable/enable automation on them since they're civilian ships.

Ever since I built my own smuggler ships, none of them do anything, no matter how many mines and missions I have going.

Where do you upload save games? I'll do it.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: rabek
I can confirm the same problem.

My first game my ships smuggled mostly fine.

My second, I started off building a few more ships. Built ships definitely do nothing. Exploration ships I have to disable automation and then re-enable it for them to explore. I suspect whatever causes that causes the smuggling ships to not work, except I can't disable/enable automation on them since they're civilian ships.

Ever since I built my own smuggler ships, none of them do anything, no matter how many mines and missions I have going.

Where do you upload save games? I'll do it.
Please follow the instructions in this post to upload a savegame.

Thanks
Elliot
rabek_slith

Post by rabek_slith »

Save game uploaded as "Rabek May 24 2013 - Built Smuggler Freighter Bug.zip" per the linked instructions.
Fideach

Post by Fideach »

I've seen oddities with my explorer ships this morning. I order them to explore the system, and all they do is go to the center of the solar system, look at the sun. Then maybe check out one other item then they stop and I get a message that they completed their mission.
stahlengel

Post by stahlengel »

I saved a game with my rebell smuggler ships... but afer reload the ships started to perform again... so i guess a savegame is not very helpfull.
Tree Dog

Post by Tree Dog »

How long have you guys waited ?
I thought I had that problem too, but they started moving after some time (I don't quite know how long, I was busy with other things, but it was quite some time at x4 speed) and they all started doing "mining base<->planet that buys mats" runs until the end of the mission.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”