Distant Worlds: Shadows

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Erik Rutins

RE: Distant Worlds: Shadows

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi CaptainPost,

We added scaling to the bottom left selection screen, if you click the double red arrow in the top right it should make that and the text included there larger.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
FlashXAron_slith

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

So congratulation to the release and I have just bought it !

BEST LUCK AND SUCCESS TO THE TEAM !

PS: That Matrix shop is terribel, because they still hate us European costumers ...
as useual I had to pay more as all others ...

Product Qty Unit Price Ext. Price
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distant Worlds - Shadows Download 1 $ 20.57 $ 20.57
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
VAT (20.0%): $ 4.11
Total: $ 24.68

apart from that damn steam it is one of the last online Shops, where we Europeans get
f u c k e d ... but at Steam I am able to buy the keys from someone else to get the same or even better Price as all the other costumers ...
Matrix Shop get your facts right and don't feed the Cracker !
Even it is only a minor difference I STILL HATE IT !

okay now playing the game ...
jesuswhywhy

Post by jesuswhywhy »

how do you blow up a pirate base on a planet?
jesuswhywhy

Post by jesuswhywhy »

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

ORIGINAL: jesuswhywhy

Time for Troops [;)]

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

jesuswhywhy

Post by jesuswhywhy »

but i have troops on the planet.. p.s the pirate base is constructing as well 22%
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

but i have troops on the planet.. p.s the pirate base is constructing as well 22%

You can click on the Facility and select Attack, but be forewarned, they can be tough.

captainpost

Post by captainpost »

Thank you for letting me know. It helps a little but all the rest of the text is still to small to read.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Wow she is running smooth with Shadows installed.

Runs like a different game.
Buio

Post by Buio »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76
Wow she is running smooth with Shadows installed.
Runs like a different game.

Yeah, performance seems great (although it's just from early in my game).
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just bumping this for those that may be wandering in for the first time...
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Simulation01

Post by Simulation01 »

The smoother scrolling speed alone was worth every penny! [:)] Thank's Erik!!!
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson
jesuswhywhy

Post by jesuswhywhy »

so far so awesome [&o] playing as an empire in age of shadows 4 races and pirates (i made it quiet awkward for myself thinking i'd get annihilated fast, first play through. 10 hours later im hanging in there. Was scared of the brutal gravity weapons, but then the pirates got a high tech cruiser and they didnt seem to bother me again. Im starting to pick off there stuff.. wierd.

cant wait till next play through.

p.s. how do you deal with gravity weapons, just tech them up your self? gravity vs gravity or something, ive built mostly tractor beams thus far.
pps why do tracktor beams keep bring in ships, i thought they repelled too?

i have a hidden pirate base on my planet its 100% constructed but i cant attack it, and my planet is 0% curruption?
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

so far so awesome [&o] playing as an empire in age of shadows 4 races and pirates (i made it quiet awkward for myself thinking i'd get annihilated fast, first play through. 10 hours later im hanging in there. Was scared of the brutal gravity weapons, but then the pirates got a high tech cruiser and they didnt seem to bother me again. Im starting to pick off there stuff.. wierd.

cant wait till next play through.

p.s. how do you deal with gravity weapons, just tech them up your self? gravity vs gravity or something, ive built mostly tractor beams thus far.

i have a hidden pirate base on my planet its 100% constructed but i cant attack it, and my planet is 0% curruption?

I don't think there is a counter/defense to gravity weapons, that's why they're so dangerous.

The Hidden Pirate Base you have to manually attack it with Troops.
I don't remember if you do Right Click on the icon when the Planet is selected or if you do it in the Colony screen under the Facilities tab.

Oh, Pirate Bases have nothing to do with Corruption (oddly).

jesuswhywhy

Post by jesuswhywhy »

maybe i have to retract my troops and launch them, opposed to just building them
Buio

Post by Buio »

Yeah!

My fledgeling space empire had built a small interplanetary fleet, and when the space monsters attacked and destroyed my mining base I sent them to attack. Only to get several of my ships destroyed, and I had to run. Those space bugs are nasty!

Awesome to start as an empire in the age of shadows without interstellar travel.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

You can click on the Facility and select Attack, but be forewarned, they can be tough.

As a general rule, I wait for my advisors to tell me to attack it. The AI will wait till they have a clear advantage and you will win in the majority of the time.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just FYI, the best defense against Gravity weapons and tractor beams is longer range weapons, speed, stand-off posture and countermeasures.

Shield and armor will not help.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
unclean

Post by unclean »

Hey, what do you know:

You guys are the best.

Also I'm currently getting my face kicked in by pirates and loving it, the first few years feel completely different from Legends and in a really good way.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

The pirate assault early on is great. There is a feeling of achievement when you manage to stabilize a new colony so it is not raided ever 3 days anymore.

When you park a fleet at a colony it may manage to turn them away for a while, but small damage from gravitic weapons and railguns add up, and it has to repair. Who will protect the colony while they repair? Keeping 8-10 ships at a colony is no great achievement, but you want to expand. Can you do that at 10 colonies before your colonies start to fill up? How will they fill up if raids keep the population down?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”