Problems with installation DW Shadows

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Saladino

Problems with installation DW Shadows

Post by Saladino »

Hi, I bought the Distant World:Shadows. Once downloaded, proceed to install the game and tells me the installer that I have installed the game or the latest version that I have. I have installed the game and two expansions. I also have installed latest update that you went up yesterday. Also from the game Launcher have given the option to check the updates and has made it to download and reinstall and still the same. Attached them a screenshot where you can see the message that tells me the Shadows DW Installer

Buenas tardes, he comprado el Distant World:Shadows. Una vez descargado , procedo a instalar el juego y me indica el instalador que yo no tengo instalado el juego o que no tengo la ultima version. Tengo instalado el juego y las dos expansiones. Igualmente tengo instalada la ultima actualizacion que ustedes subieron ayer. Ademas desde el lanzador del juego le he dado a la opcion de chequear las actualizaciones y la ha vuelto a descargar y reinstalar y sigue igual. Les adjunto una captura de pantalla donde se aprecia el mensaje que me dice el instalador del DW Shadows

Attachments
DISTANTWORLD2.jpg
DISTANTWORLD2.jpg (132.53 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Castinar

RE: Problems with installation DW Shadows

Post by Castinar »

I had this issue too...I ended up d/l each of the original expansions (+ the latest DW base patch) from the my games-->downloads page...installed each in order (DW 1.07, RotS, Legends), and Shadows finally recognized everything in order.

Hope this helps you too!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Ronin65,

Could you please try to uninstall, delete your game installation folder and reinstall Distant Worlds, then Return of the Shakturi, then Legends and then Shadows?

Please make sure any anti-virus/security software is off so that it does not interfere with the program.

I'm not sure why this would not be finding previous installations, we've tested it here on all operating systems and with previous versions installed with success.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Saladino

Post by Saladino »

Thank you.

The installation of the game should be:
-DW + patches, DW RotS + patches and DW L+Patches; or rather

-DW + DW RotS + DW L + patches?

Thanks

Gracias.

Las instalaciones del juego deben ser:
.-DW + parches, DW RotS +Parches y DW L+Parches; o mas bien

.-DW + DW RotS + DW L +Parches?

Gracias

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

It should only require:

Base Distant Worlds + Base Return of the Shakturi + Base Legends and then Shadows. No extra updates should be required.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
davidjruss

Post by davidjruss »

Erik,

As mentioned in my previous post re-installing up to Legends works - adding Shadows doesn't. Win 7 laptop.

DavidR
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It should only require:

Base Distant Worlds + Base Return of the Shakturi + Base Legends and then Shadows. No extra updates should be required.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik,

I think one of our Testers had a problem with his base DW version (maybe 1.04 or 1.06).

We may need them to start with the 1.07 DW version and work up from there.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please also try the .NET cleanup tool here after installing Shadows:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archiv ... 36934.aspx
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

Not sure what my base DW was running at, but when I started clean with the 1.07 DW, then added the expansions, shadows installed just fine.
Saladino

Post by Saladino »

Fixed:

I installed DW + 3 expansions and it works. So it is not necessary to update? Readme file contains this:

Please note that Distant Worlds: Shadows requires up-to-date installations of Distant Worlds Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi Distant Worlds: Legends. These should be installed and updated before Distant Worlds: Shadows is installed.

It is necessary to then upgrade from Shadows?

Thanks

Solucionado:

He instalado DW + 3 expansiones y ya funciona. Entonces no es necesario actualizar? en el archivo leeme figura esto:
Please note that Distant Worlds: Shadows requires up-to-date installations of Distant Worlds Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi Distant Worlds: Legends. These should be installed and updated before Distant Worlds: Shadows is installed.

Es necesario entonces actualizar desde Shadows?

Gracias
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Glad to hear it worked, Galen and Ronin.

It should not require the updates, but it is possible that something was missed. We will investigate that as well.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Saladino

Post by Saladino »

For your information, Erik, i have installed the following versions:

.-DistantWorlds-SetupRelease-v1060-DR
.-DistantWorlds-ReturnoftheShakturi-SetupRelease-PL-v15
.-DistantWorldsLegends-SetupRelease-v1700
.-DistantWorldsShadows-Setup-Release-v1900

I don't installed patch. In fact the shadows Updater tells me I have the latest version. I hope that you have not lost anything
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Ronin,

Just to confirm - when you used those installers, Shadows did work fine or it did not?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Erik, I've installed using these versions, and had no issue.
.-DistantWorlds-SetupRelease-v1060-DR
.-DistantWorlds-ReturnoftheShakturi-SetupRelease-PL-v15
.-DistantWorldsLegends-SetupRelease-v1700
.-DistantWorldsShadows-Setup-Release-v1900
Saladino

Post by Saladino »

I followed their instructions. I have installed one after the other the base game and expansions them without applying any patch. I've begun Shadows I've played a couple of tutorials and I have started a new game and it works fine (apparently[:)] )

Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

Ok, i got the same problem.
Legends is installed and running fine, just patched 1.7.20a, the patcher found the correct install location.

But when i try to install Shadows it tell me i don't got all expansions installed.
I think i know the source of this problem, i didn't installed the game on this mashine, i just copied it from the old to the one, at his way there is no .net entry.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstall ?
While the copy from one PC to another worked well so far, i don't got any setup left. And would need a download reset for all.

Return to “Tech Support”