To All Matrix Gamers....please take a moment to say a prayer

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

LoneWulf63

To All Matrix Gamers....please take a moment to say a prayer

Post by LoneWulf63 »

To all Matrix Gamers, please take a moment to say a prayer for those victims of yesterday's EF-4 tornado in Moore, Oklahoma, USA. We post here on the forum's discussing or arguing about trivial things like games, while these good people have lost their homes, their cars, their belongings, and loved ones. If I am out-of-line or breaking some silly forum rule for posting this, then so be it. Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Erik Rutins

RE: To All Matrix Gamers....please take a moment to say a prayer

Post by Erik Rutins »

You're not out of line (discussions _about_ religion would be) - and you don't have to be religious to hope for the best for the folks affected. Be it a prayer or a moment of reflection, the intent is the same and expressing good will for our fellow man (or woman) should be within the rules everywhere.

For my part, Amen to that.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

To all Matrix Gamers, please take a moment to say a prayer for those victims of yesterday's EF-4 tornado in Monroe, Oklahoma, USA. We post here on the forum's discussing or arguing about trivial things like games, while these good people have lost their homes, their cars, their belongings, and loved ones. If I am out-of-line or breaking some silly forum rule for posting this, then so be it. Chris.
We did say a prayer for the victims today at church so the matter is being addressed. RIP. However likewise there is nothing trivial about the wargaming way of life & even when my spirit sheds this mortal coil I will forever cherish this epic time as our finest hour!

IL2 Sturmovik-Ploiesti 1943 Volume one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wpcHlDWHNU
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Thanks Erik.....Moore, is connected to Oklahoma city, you don't know when one city limits ends and the other begins. Population in and around OKC is around a million or so. I was raised there on the south side. My two brothers and other family member live in the Moore area. It missed my brothers homes by a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile and my cousins home by two blocks(She lost some windows and a blowen car tire). Anyway thanks for thinking about them guys. They do need our thoughts and prayers.
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

You're not out of line (discussions _about_ religion would be) - and you don't have to be religious to hope for the best for the folks affected. Be it a prayer or a moment of reflection, the intent is the same and expressing good will for our fellow man (or woman) should be within the rules everywhere.

For my part, Amen to that.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

I am glad that your relatives came through that awful event okay. Two blocks away is way too close a call. As a matter of fact, I have to get off the computer because we are about to get slammed here in the Midlands of SC. Later. Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Thanks....yep, get your family safe.
ORIGINAL: resinslinger

I am glad that your relatives came through that awful event okay. Two blocks away is way too close a call. As a matter of fact, I have to get off the computer because we are about to get slammed here in the Midlands of SC. Later. Chris.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Josh

Post by Josh »

I guess most of us who saw it on telly already made a little prayer, I sure did. Not a very religious man here but in times like that you bet I am. ( I know doesn't make much sense). Complete blocks shredded to pieces, a school with children in it hit hard... devastating really.
Only 15 minutes of warning time...?
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

There was warning that tornadoes were possible, there were actually a couple the day before in the same area. In this particular case the tornado formed and turned into a monster in the span of a few minutes. There's no way to predict something like that. Most tornadoes won't wipe a house clean to the foundation either. Just a bad scenario all the way around.

My girlfriend was at work just 15 or so miles away and they didn't know it was that bad until it was over. If it had hit where she was I don't know if she would have had adequate shelter. At the exact same time I was stuck in a small town in another part of the state as the highway patrol had shut down the road due to a smaller tornado nearby. Bit of a traumatic day for me, to say the least.
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

There was warning that tornadoes were possible, there were actually a couple the day before in the same area. In this particular case the tornado formed and turned into a monster in the span of a few minutes. There's no way to predict something like that. Most tornadoes won't wipe a house clean to the foundation either. Just a bad scenario all the way around.

My girlfriend was at work just 15 or so miles away and they didn't know it was that bad until it was over. If it had hit where she was I don't know if she would have had adequate shelter. At the exact same time I was stuck in a small town in another part of the state as the highway patrol had shut down the road due to a smaller tornado nearby. Bit of a traumatic day for me, to say the least.

I am glad that both you and your girlfriend are safe and sound.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Worked in chickasha ok for two years after high school before I went to college.its about 40 miles from Oklahoma City . My thoughts and prayers go out to the fine folk of that state. And it was actually an ef-5 tornado. Winds over 200 mph. In fact they are thinking of re-classifying the system that's how much damage it caused.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Worked in chickasha ok for two years after high school before I went to college.its about 40 miles from Oklahoma City . My thoughts and prayers go out to the fine folk of that state. And it was actually an ef-5 tornado. Winds over 200 mph. In fact they are thinking of re-classifying the system that's how much damage it caused.

I was just quoting what I heard on the news before they changed the rating to the EF-5 level. As the question that was asked in Twister, what an EF-5 was....FINGER OF GOD.

Return to “General Discussion”