Cant merge

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

noel60

Cant merge

Post by noel60 »

Am Im missing something?I read the manual on merging.Same type unit,ect.But havnt been able to.Havnt been able to split one either.Where is ths merge and split icons?
gwgardner

RE: Cant merge

Post by gwgardner »

1) it costs PPs to split, don't know about merge; so you have to have enough PPs
2) look for the V shaped symbol over in the left-hand info box when you click on a unit.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I tried merging French armored units in a recent GC, and what happened is I had to place the units adjacent to the unit they are merging with (same type unit and in supply). The unit receiving the new troops gets stronger (only a limited % increase), and the other unit gets weaker by that % of strength. BUT, neither unit gets removed or strengthened very much, at least with my experience. I gave up trying to consolidate the French troops. I have split units on many occasions, but it costs a lot of PP's to do it.
JRR
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: baloo7777
I tried merging French armored units in a recent GC, and what happened is I had to place the units adjacent to the unit they are merging with (same type unit and in supply). The unit receiving the new troops gets stronger (only a limited % increase), and the other unit gets weaker by that % of strength. BUT, neither unit gets removed or strengthened very much, at least with my experience. I gave up trying to consolidate the French troops. I have split units on many occasions, but it costs a lot of PP's to do it.

This subject has been discussed at the end of this thread :

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3324752

You can reduce the cost of splitting, if you wish to use a modified scenario 'consts.ini' file.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Thanks! I checked out the thread. Against the AI I already use some of the mods you have suggested in these forums (rail repair for one), and I think I will add this one too! However, in PBEM I am stuck with the system as it is, and must learn to use it accordingly. When I commented on merging units, I was only stating what my experience had been.
JRR
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: baloo7777
Thanks! I checked out the thread. Against the AI I already use some of the mods you have suggested in these forums (rail repair for one), and I think I will add this one too! However, in PBEM I am stuck with the system as it is, and must learn to use it accordingly. When I commented on merging units, I was only stating what my experience had been.

It is a problem that the mods and adjustments you can use to get a better game against the AI are not easily applied to PBEM, because you may never know what mods your opponent may be using. The point was made some time ago that the flexibility in the game is good for modding, but could compromise the integrity of files in PBEM games.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

It is a problem that the mods and adjustments you can use to get a better game against the AI are not easily applied to PBEM, because you may never know what mods your opponent may be using. The point was made some time ago that the flexibility in the game is good for modding, but could compromise the integrity of files in PBEM games.

I am still glad that the game is able to be adjusted with mods, though. And playing the game with PBEM PvP is just too much fun to worry about anything else. It would be nice if a mod like what was offered for CEAW came out for TOF officially, putting together the many good suggestions on the forum (with the ability to toggle on/off the different options). But even so, this is a great game as it is now, and 1.4 helped immensely IMHO. Please keep posting your mods with your reasoning behind them, as I for one enjoy mulling them over!
JRR
noel60

Post by noel60 »

Just takes reading the manual closer,I didnt see those icons.Love the game so far.Just starting to get the hang of it.

Return to “Time of Fury”