Land supply SOS - help?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

uncivil_servant

Land supply SOS - help?

Post by uncivil_servant »

Mid-February - Did I accidentally press something screwing up my logistic breakdown or does something special start in February as lots of bases suddenly stopped working like they had previously?!

In Java, and to a lesser extent Australia, bases are suddenly not being supplied.

In northern australia, Cairs and Cooktown have slowly been expending supplies except what I am manually shipping in.
Derby and Broome same situation. I've had to ship them fuel but first time in game they're red/yellow arrows in supply. NOTHING special at Derby or Broome - exact same BF detatchments.

Java - With Batavia at 79K supplies and Sorbaja at 67K supplies I didn't expect a total famine on Java but that is the situation at hand. No supplies are seemingly leaving the two cities. Neither is on stockpile. Batavia is NOT supplying Merak, Buitzenorg and Kalidjati. All three have had supplies dwindling and now all 3 at red ! levels. Same thing around Soerbaja. Malang and Loemadjang down to red ! levels, Madioen and Probolinggo at yellow ! levels. ALL of these bases I have requested extra supplies by placing the requested supply level to be between 1500 and 3500 depending on the base. Thing is NO ONE is getting supplies.

Enemy infantry at Kalidjati. No enemy forces of any kind in SE Java.
Using the April beta.

The above is all of a sudden, just started within the last week game-time (in game at Feb 17th) - previous to that same bases in java with same combat forces present were stable in their supply levels.

QUERRY: Should this go in the general forum as I have no idea if its a bug or if its W.A.D. but I've done something dumb, etc..etc????
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
btd64

RE: Land supply SOS - help?

Post by btd64 »

I had a simalar problem. look at my post in the war room- Supply at Kalgoorlie. the info provided to me helped all over the map. good luck
Cheers
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
uncivil_servant

I appreciate the reply Ole B&G but none of the bases are on stockpile. Supplies are just not leaving the places where they are held at in significant numbers. I laready have inflated the requested supply a few K at the bases but supply outflow has not occured.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

You can attach a save here and I can look at it.
Michael
uncivil_servant

Done and Done

Attachments
wpae005.zip
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

Simple, you have Batavia and Soerbaja set for 26,000+ supply demand. They are holding the 3x that they are supposed to, so no supply is available for other bases.

The ability to set the supply demand was added in a patch, so you will not find it in the manual. And the
3x supply demand is also not in the manual.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
uncivil_servant

Well then I will be dropping the requested supply levels then! Thank you.
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

u_c, you have adjusted the supply spinners at Batavia & Soerabaja to 1-click less than the max, far in excess of their needs. Those bases will retain 3 times the requested supply in-hex, as well as providing for their ops. So its no surprise that they don't have enough extra supply to send to other bases, they are still trying to build up to your requested levels.

Batavia produces 120 supply per day, Soerabaja 80 per day, so it'll be awhile before they fill their own base req'ments & send supply out to the outlying districts, unless you reduce those bases' supply-req'ments w/ the spinners.

In North Oz you've got some BFs, w/ 2 engr squads, set to build AF+Port+Fort, perhaps in 47 years they'll have completed their tasks, but it's more likely they'll tank (use all available supply, then lose morale, then disrupt, then disapparate) long before then. Why'n'tcha shipping some supply to these poor cobbers? & mebbe reinf them w/ an Aussie M/W group? Or set them to do only 1 thing at a time, so's they have a chance to raise the portlevel by 1951 or so?

Return to “Tech Support”