One developer's view on Steam

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

mllange

One developer's view on Steam

Post by mllange »

Over the years I've enjoyed the X3 series (Egosoft). A while back they moved to Steam, causing no small amount of discussion among in the ranks (both positive and negative.)

I found this recent response from Egosoft interesting:
Egosoft Steam Forum Post

Others here may be interested, as it pertains to both long-term support for older games, profitability for the developer and pricing, (not to mention multi-platform and OS support.)

Best regards and have a great weekend!

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
Hertston

RE: One developer's view on Steam

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: nim8or

Over the years I've enjoyed the X3 series (Egosoft).

Likewise, although the continued absence to switch to an Elite: Frontier style 'real' universe' rather than the space-station centric thing continues to irritate me immensely as that would improve the immersion factor for me tenfold.
Others here may be interested, as it pertains to both long-term support for older games, profitability for the developer and pricing, (not to mention multi-platform and OS support.)

Contents noted, and I have no problems with Steam at all. I do find it odd that they are still seem to be putting so much time into X3 rather than X Rebirth though. No reason not to have different peeps working on each, of course, but I'm surprised X3 series sales still justify it.

[/quote]
demyansk

RE: One developer's view on Steam

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for the link, I like Steam for the ease of playing games and when I move to a new machine it will be easy to install all the games.

Return to “General Discussion”