Buying the printed manual separately

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lonewolf

Buying the printed manual separately

Post by Lonewolf »

The thought of buying the boxed edition came across my mind but the price difference of $16 + shipping (about $10 with USPS or more with Fedex) + possible tariff/duties to ship to Canada likely would be astronomical. [:(] Once I ordered a book from US and the final cost is about double the original price. [:o] That is all on top of the fact of who knows how long it will take to get here prompts me to go for the download version instead. The cost to print (Fedex office formerly known as Kinko's) the pdf manual 2 pages per side, double sided, b/w only costs me $18! And yet I cannot see the screen shots because of the lack of color. I am sure a color print will double that easily or more.

Does anyone know whether I can buy the printed manual from Matrix games? [&o] I don't mind the grayscale version as long as I can see the screen shots, colour won't hurt either. That little book in an envelope hopefully will be less hassle in the shipping department. Alternately if they can order the print and binding to a local Fedex Office (Kinko's), that can be done as well as long as the price is reasonable.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War In The Pacific: AE
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Schanilec

RE: Buying the printed manual separately

Post by Schanilec »

Yes, Matrix has the printed version.

Or we could smuggle one across the border at Pembina.[;)]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Yes, Matrix has the printed version.

Or we could smuggle one across the border at Pembina.[;)]

Who/which department of Matrix should I ask about the printed version?

Forget about the 2nd option. I am not going to drive 24 hours to Winnipeg, then 2 hours south just for that, the cost of gas will be more than buying a copy of boxed edition and pay the tariffs. [X(]
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

I can't recall. It was from Martix on this site, from the store at the top. Unless the manual is no longer available.
Someone will come along with the answer.
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

I can't recall. It was from Martix on this site, from the store at the top. Unless the manual is no longer available.
Someone will come along with the answer.

Asked in the help desk. Fast response of NO, not sold separately. [:(] I don't remember seeing anything like that in the store either but I will look again. If someone knows the exact URL to it, then it will be even better.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Hmmm!
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

Hmmm!

Anyway I gave the support desk the order number and key I got when I bought it. That way they will know I am not trying to buy the manual without the game. We will see what happens. Reading an ebook/pdf is not as easy as reading a physical book at times.

If Plimus Sales (Matrix's online reseller) would have given me the complete shipping cost the way B & H does when it comes to tariffs/duties; I could have gone for the boxed set. I have experiences in the past where the shipper send you the tariffs/duties bill after the delivery. That comes after weeks of shipping delays. Amazon.com has Amazon.ca which I suspect is not really Canadian located but I could careless since they deal with the tariffs/duties mess as part of the price they charge me. B & H will tell you the moment you put a non-US address the total shipping cost.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Good luck.

I don't do ebooks, never will. Some pdf's, depends on the size of the file. Good old fashioned books work just fine in my book. (Did a pun just happen?) My library is beginning to infiltrate into my (CIC) den.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

inqistor

Post by inqistor »

Manuals recently were sold-out. There was even sticked post about it. Have they printed more already?

Anyway - why do you need manual? What you need is most of the tables, you do not need UI descriptions, and screens.
ORIGINAL: chemkid

@Lonewolf - i've got the manual printed (light version) at a book-on-demand service.
size is DIN A5 (148 mm x 210 mm) in b/w. the screenshots are VERY readable. [:)]

the price+quality were ok, still approx. $35... (in germany, incl tax+delivery)
That is quite expensive. I think you could save money, by just ordering game copy (I remember price difference was not that high. Including postage, and taxes). And your CD (DVD? Not sure [:)] ) have your name on it.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Capt Hornblower

Post by Capt Hornblower »

Lonewolf: You can always print the manual yourself. I did.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Is the manual up-to-date or is it still original?
Capt Hornblower

Post by Capt Hornblower »

The manual reflects the state of WITP:AE at its original release.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I believe they don't sell it separately because people who have pirated copies of the game would like to have a manual too.

Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

I printed a gray scale one at the local Fedex store. That already cost me $18. Color prints will be worse. I will just use that and the ebook together to get it done for now.
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”